What We Can Do For Reaper

Hymn

We spend a lot of time requesting and asking things of Reaper, but I figured we should all take some time to consider what we can do for them. Obviously, the big thing is to buy their products. Outside of that, what can we do to help further the Reaper cause?

If you are a ReaperPeep on the inside, what would be your biggest request of us followers who want to help you succeed?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things you can do-use reaper minis in your games at your gaming store. Offer to teach people to paint and or play using reaper figures and paints. If you go to other conventions use reaper figures to call attention. Basically increase exposure with groups who might be inclined to use reapers products.

• Like 6

I've made two converters so far this year, and possibly 2 more for Reapercon 2015 attendees. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!

Also there was a nice donation for the reaper factory folks to buy them pizza at Reaper con this year, It ended up being brought to the hotel but I think they really really really really appreciated it.

• Like 6

The forums pitched together for a pizza party at the factory during Kickstarter fulfillment last summer, too. I think there were also movie ticket vouchers purchased?

Anyway, Bryan said the minions valued employees enjoyed that very much.

• Like 9

Things you can do-use reaper minis in your games at your gaming store. Offer to teach people to paint and or play using reaper figures and paints. If you go to other conventions use reaper figures to call attention. Basically increase exposure with groups who might be inclined to use reapers products.

Cool. Outside of the pizza party (really nice of ya'll) it sounds like word of mouth is most common. Time to interest some friends.

What about on the business side? Would Reaper be opposed to free advertising on miniature hobby sites? I have a few friends who run sites that get tons of daily hits. I'm even launching my own soon which already has a following pre-launch. Maybe @cutebutpsycho can point me in the right direction?

• Like 4

[email protected] I believe is where you want to go to ask about advertisments

This is a pretty good place to start for all Reaper related inquiries. Because of the nature of your questions, [email protected] might also be a good fit.

That said, internet word of mouth is just as good as personal word of mouth. Plug the forums, plug the online store, don't forget to mention the free shipping on orders over $X. Every little bit helps.

• Like 5

Funny you are talking about this.  I went to the game store today to post a recruiting flyer for my Pathfinder group.

THEY DON'T CARRY REAPER MINIS ANYMORE!!!!

I ask the guy and he said "I could special order them", jeesh

All they have is GW, Malifaux and warmachine.

The flyer I posted has "Reaper Miniatures" listed as the minis I use, the second page has a few pics and I included a link to my website which has a ton of Reaper product painted up real purty like.

• Like 8

Yeah I get the 'We can special order them for you' all the time. Pandamonium in Garden City Michigan is the store w/ the best selection of Reaper on the walls that I've seen in quite some time. It's nice having a place I can browse and pick up a figure or two without having to mail order. Actually, I hardly ever mail order, I'd rather buy from a FLGS but the only one I've found w/ any Reaper minis so far has been one w/ about 50 total on a paint peeling wall of an old house w/ much needed work on some hard wood floors. (The guy is nice, but seeing how he isn't putting money into the presentation of his business makes me sad. It's in an area w/ parking problems, and would be a great store if only got the old house the store is in renovated)

• Like 3

Sci-Fi city in Knoxville off or I-640 East has a nice wall of Reaper...  Mostly metal, but his Bones line is not creeping up from part of one section to a full section and half of another.  The F can get a little lost there (from the FLGS), as spending over $100 one time, he wouldn't knock 10% off the price.  Most stores, when you put that much on the counter, would LOVE to have you come back, frequently.  The owner (found that out later) was like, meh, buy it at the price I have listed, or not.  I still stop in on they way through Knoxville, but only pick through his sale racks.

• Like 3

My F not-so-LGS carries all the in-catalogue Reaper minis. When they talk about special orders, it's for NIC Reaper minis, and they told me frankly that I would get NIC minis faster if I ordered them direct myself.

They are very nice about keeping things in stock. If you buy a lot you do get a discount. I think it's one of those frequent buyer stamp things.

• Like 5