Sign in to follow this  
DocPiske

Do you wanna build a snowman... er, monster?

Very original take on the earth elemental. I would have never thought to do him that way but he looks perfect as an ice elemental!!     

• Like 2

Where is the carrot for his nose?  And definitely fits what sections of that movie I've seen.  Very cool 

• Like 2

Needs Moar Tiara...

(that's kinda awesome. And now I have that dang song stuck in my head again...)

...or ride our bikes around the halls~!

• Like 1

Very creative way to use the earth elemental as an ice paraelemental.  And the elves look good too - they look ready to take down Mordor.

• Like 1

The *one* thing from Bones 1 that I just couldn't get excited about, and everyone keeps painting it to look so awesome and original.  It is indeed a good thing that Bones are so cheap! 

• Like 3

Thank you for your kind words. Once I thought of the theme I was excited to see it and rushed the painting, and it shows. The whole thing took about an hour.

I haven't seen the Disney movie...so my snowman song is more along the lines of, "we can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall, snowman!"

And if you know that song, we can probably be friends...

On topic...I like this idea so much more than the typical earthy tones we see on this mini! And you did a great job with it, too! I may have to steal this concept if I ever decide to paint this one up. Very cool.

• Like 2

Let's build a snowman!

We can make him our best friend.

We can name him Tom, or we can name him George!

We can make him tall, or we can make him not-so-tall.

Snowman!

I do love the idea of painting this guy up as the Frozen snowmonster too though. :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Here is a trio of earth elementals/golems. Really simple to paint, Vallejo Israeli sand primer (taupe), then an umber wash, then a bit of a highlight with Army Painter Banshee Brown/beige. The tallest one is a golem from Hell Dorado. The middle chap is from Westwind "Dwarf Wars" and the smallest is old, unknown manufacturer. 

The rocks for the base were made from foam clay pressed into a Woodland Scenics mould. Much lighter than plaster. Also I used brown foam clay so it was easy to paint. 

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By PhantomAquarist
      Finished this a few days ago. One thing I have to say. I've looked at a lot of people's online before doing mine. And not to be rude but I don't like any of theirs. Nobody seemed to try and do a theme to the rocks that location wise made more sense for the fossilized dinosaur on its back. Lots of people made gems and all kinds of other things. You wouldn't find those things around fossil remains. So this was my attempt to have something more surreal and actually include the fossils better and since I collect museum quality fossils apart from painting minis. I've seen enough to try my hand at what it would look like more on an excavation site. :)

• By Geoff Davis
      77185: Large Earth Elemental Kevin Williams

This guy has been awaiting proper completion for about a year.  Every time I had grey paint left over, I added it to him.  I found him a struggle to complete because of his size and because of all the mold lines.  Every time I turned him around I found more that I missed when prepping him.  I finally gave up on trimming them and just gave him a proper base and a finished paint job.  It's still a speed paint, but at least he's done and ready for use in my D&D game. 

Only 30 projects left on my shelf of shame!

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)