Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

The Plight of Hellakin Gorecutter

The tale that goes with it is just creative sauce to add to the Miniature :)

Really Great Ub3r.

• Like 1

The tale that goes with it is just creative sauce to add to the Miniature :)

Really Great Ub3r.

Really glad you enjoyed it Jay.   ^_^

You pulled off your Cave SPLENDIDLY! The modeling, brushwork, selection of colors, scenic work, AND background are WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVE...VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

You pulled off your Cave SPLENDIDLY! The modeling, brushwork, selection of colors, scenic work, AND background are WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVE...VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you very much malefactus. I couldn't have done it without your insight in the other thread asking how and what materials others would use. So a big thank you to you and the others who were so very helpful!

awesome job dude!  I love it.  I have it on my display shelf and will always treasure such a gift from a friend.  I really appreciate the effort and thought that went into it, I can tell you pushed hard and really did a fantastic job.  When I finally get my camera rig set up again I will take more pictures.

• Like 2

awesome job dude!  I love it.  I have it on my display shelf and will always treasure such a gift from a friend.  I really appreciate the effort and thought that went into it, I can tell you pushed hard and really did a fantastic job.  When I finally get my camera rig set up again I will take more pictures.

So happy you like it! I'm honored to have painted for you and wanted to send out something that would be fun and interesting to you as well as fulfill the theme you wanted "little things come in small packages." Please take more pics when you get moved and set up, I took a few others, but they didn't turn out well and I was in a hurry to pack it up and send it off that next day.

• Like 1

I love this piece. I especially like the water effects and the spider. All of it works together just perfect. Dontfear is very lucky to have it to display.

• Like 3

Awesome job! Everything just works. You've really outdone yourself with this one!

• Like 1

Hobbitses and Spiders are always favorites.

Haha! Didn't think of like that at first, but now that you mention it it's rather funny. 

I love this piece. I especially like the water effects and the spider. All of it works together just perfect. Dontfear is very lucky to have it to display.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.  ^_^

Awesome job! Everything just works. You've really outdone yourself with this one!

Much appreciated, thank you.

Thanks to everyone who has commented and/or "liked" the piece, it was a really fun project to work on.  ::D:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doug Sundseth
      A nasty-looking fellow that looks entirely interested in carving off bits of your anatomy.

I'm reasonably happy with his face and I think the color scheme works fairly well. Pretty much intended as a tabletop figure, he was quite a bit of fun to paint.
    • By Iridil
      More speedpaints for gaming - Not really satisfied with the spider swarms - any tips on how to better do them would be appreciated. I like the vermin pair better in hand, though the photos show where more time would have made for much better/smoother blending. They're off to eat some PCs now....

• By Maledrakh
      I have not really had the inclination to paint much the last few weeks, such is the way of the world.
      Picking up the brush again, we start with another one from the first Bones kickstarter that as been cluttering up my painting desk in a half-done state since whenever.

The obligatory comparison shot.

77165 Hellakin Gorecutter, Halfling Rogue
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Bonesium PVC.
      25mm bespoke 3D printed round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Arimaythea
      Hi!  I'm brand new to the hobby and stumbled across the forums, so I thought I'd share my first WIP photos.  I started playing in my first DnD campaign in December and the other players painted their own player character minis, which made me want one of my own (and one for my husband, who also plays in the same campaign.)  I snagged the two LTPKs then started watching all the videos I could find on mini painting.  I have no background in art/painting so it has been refreshing to give it a shot!  However I am also in the rabbit hole now of wanting all the colors, basing supplies, tools.... lol.

The minis in this kit are:
      77018 Skeleton Archer
      77042 Orc Marauder
      77148 Mangu Timur

I pretty much followed the book for how to paint the skeleton archer.  The main differences being that I ordered the kit of Citadel washes after seeing so much praise for them, and I used a few slightly different paint shades (like dragon bronze for the metal bits instead of blade steel.)  I still need to base him (cover that mold line between his feet!) but otherwise I'm pretty happy with him for being my first mini - he could use some weathering and higher contrast, but I sealed him before learning about weathering and the benefits of exaggerated contrast.

My current WIP is the orc.  I still have to do some highlighting passes because I don't think I've got enough contrast in the skin yet.  I need to highlight the metal as well (haven't done that yet.)  I'd like to attempt some weathering on the leather to make it look more worn, and try my hand at rust on the metal bits.  I'm pretty happy with how my attempt at making the shield look wooden turned out (thanks YouTube!)  I also found an oval base I might try to base him on since it fits his wide pose, but he'll be pretty big for using on a standard tabletop grid.

Haven't touched the Mangu Timur model yet!  I also need to get a better setup for photos, I was having trouble getting decent shots of these guys.  

I appreciate your thoughts on my work so far, thank you!  I'm excited to join in.
    • By Skrill
      To change from fantasy, I wanted to do a quick paint of a Chronoscope mini in Bones. According to the store, it is "Frank Buck, Adventurer".
      I like the sculpt and its likeness to a very famous archaeologist / adventurer in the movies.

My goal was a quick & simple paint job and nothing fancy for the base.
      The problem was that the mini was badly bent at the ankles making it lean forward a lot and no boiling/cooling was able to fix it.
      So, I still had to re-base it, and got a bit carried away in the re-basing process which yield to this mini vignette: "Heading into the Jungle"

The tree and base texture was made with Scupley and lichen.
      The car is a Tamiya model kit of a Russian field car.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)