Classes You Wished For That Weren't

• Reaper User

I'm working up a list of potential classes for next year. 

With ReaperCon fresh in your minds, what classes were NOT offered that you wish had been?

Include both sculpting and painting classes. 

Go!  :;):

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Making sure you have painted ALL the buckles on a Clocke'n'Booty figure"

"Color Theory:  Why all goblins don't have to be *green*!"

"How Not To Suck:  Basing your Miniatures"  with a subtitle of "HNTS:  When you buy Superglue, also add finger nail polish remove to your cart"

A little more serious now:

1)  I loved Ridolfi's class on Styrene.  Might expand on this a bit with a little more hands on construction...

2)  There has been some discussion on Casting and Building with Hirst Arsts  (volunteers to run one or more - that was my chess board at the auction)

3)  Not being able to sit in on the color theory sessions:  how about "how to make your Knight in Shining Armor look Different from all the other Knights"

• Like 6

There are already some great ideas mentioned - faux textures, strategies for competitions and Hirst Arts techniques.

The only other class which might be need would be a speed painting class.  I also wouldn't mind more very specific sculpting classes focusing on techniques for creating hair, fur, or clothing. 

I'm sure that whatever is offered, I'll find too many classes I want to take for my little time in Texas each year.

• Like 4
  • Reaper User

"Fixing Mistakes" - how to quickly recover from painting mistakes and maybe tips to avoid making them.

Actually I had already brought this topic up and we will almost certainly be featuring it this coming year under the title of "Repairs" or some such. Not only how to recover from your painting mistakes, but Mr. Ridolfi offered to teach how to repair specific issues with dropped and/or broken figures.  ::):

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 6

How awesome/troublesome would virtual classes be?

< SFX: cardboard box being ripped asunder >

Is the following feasible?

• there is a laptop occupying one chair position at those round tables.
  • its camera is aimed at the middle of the table / instructor's seat.
  • its screen is divided up four ways and there in each quarter of the screen is someone from a far distant place.
  • these four folks (unable to attend RCon) bought tickets enabling them to 'audit' the class live.
  • miracle of the internet, partial virtual classroom, but there are six live-in-person students like normal.

[ /thinking outside of box ]

• Like 4

I'm sad there wasn't a basing with water effect class like there was a few years ago.

Many of these classes are just lectures with a Q&A and those would be great as something to do online via Google\Skype or whatever.  Has Reaper given any thoughts on facilitating anything like this in other times of the years?  Your color theory class is a prime example of this.

• Like 5