Classes You Wished For That Weren't

Maybe a sculpting class dedicated to the different sculpting mediums. Green Stuff, Aves Sculpting Putty, Fimo, Super Sculpy, and ProCreate. What each of them are best suited to accomplish. What the best mixing ratios are. What mixing the different mediums together does and when it's appropriate. That kind of thing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Painting Faux surface textures. Marble, granite, wood surfaces, verdigris, moss, rust, ect... weathering effects

Ed (Reaper CEO) and I have discussed a Hirst class in a one hour and 45-minute timeframe. We have an idea on how it might be done, and a couple of Reaper peeps and helpers who do Hirst from time to ti

That one's easy. Don't paint Klocke sculpts!

The amazing properties of green stuff. I have to say I adore liquid green stuff.

Green stuff and liquid green stuff are two entirely different substances.

Green stuff is a two-part epoxy sculpting resin.

"Liquid Green Stuff" is the label GW has put on what I very much suspect is plain old acrylic modeling paste colored green.

Acrylic modeling paste is very useful, and I love it too, but it isn't really green stuff.

• Like 2

The amazing properties of green stuff. I have to say I adore liquid green stuff.

Green stuff and liquid green stuff are two entirely different substances.

Green stuff is a two-part epoxy sculpting resin.

"Liquid Green Stuff" is the label GW has put on what I very much suspect is plain old acrylic modeling paste colored green.

Acrylic modeling paste is very useful, and I love it too, but it isn't really green stuff.

You may have just given me an idea for an issue I'm having...

• Like 1

Ed (Reaper CEO) and I have discussed a Hirst class in a one hour and 45-minute timeframe. We have an idea on how it might be done, and a couple of Reaper peeps and helpers who do Hirst from time to time. But I will need to do a dry run (take your d4 pun damage!) to make sure it will work before it goes on the schedule. ::):

We have tried subjects that range over multiple classes in the past, and it is less than desirable because to get the most out of those subjects a student needs to sacrifice a lot of class time learning only one thing, and for the complete experience also needs to be lucky enough to score all of the component classes. We would rather not do this. So it needs to fit in a 1 hour 45 minute class slot. ::):

Can you do the cooking TV show style? Cast up enough bricks ahead of time for everyone in the class. Then the classes do the mixing and casting, sets everything out to dry, and you hand the students the precast versions of what they just made. Then the instructor gets the ones the students just made, and can hand them out for the next class.

PS

Ed (Reaper CEO) and I have discussed a Hirst class in a one hour and 45-minute timeframe. We have an idea on how it might be done, and a couple of Reaper peeps and helpers who do Hirst from time to time. But I will need to do a dry run (take your d4 pun damage!) to make sure it will work before it goes on the schedule. ::):

We have tried subjects that range over multiple classes in the past, and it is less than desirable because to get the most out of those subjects a student needs to sacrifice a lot of class time learning only one thing, and for the complete experience also needs to be lucky enough to score all of the component classes. We would rather not do this. So it needs to fit in a 1 hour 45 minute class slot. ::):

Can you do the cooking TV show style? Cast up enough bricks ahead of time for everyone in the class. Then the classes do the mixing and casting, sets everything out to dry, and you hand the students the precast versions of what they just made. Then the instructor gets the ones the students just made, and can hand them out for the next class.

PS

Only if he does it like the chef from the Muppets.

• Like 2

PS

Only if he does it like the chef from the Muppets.

04f846383ac6dfb565e79e8b5c78d246.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe a sculpting class dedicated to the different sculpting mediums. Green Stuff, Aves Sculpting Putty, Fimo, Super Sculpy, and ProCreate. What each of them are best suited to accomplish. What the best mixing ratios are. What mixing the different mediums together does and when it's appropriate. That kind of thing.

Gene's beginner sculpting class covered this pretty well.

PS

That's more or less how we were talking about handling it.

PS

That's more or less how we were talking about handling it.

Well, if the Hirst Arts class ends up being a goal, I can bring some of my molds with me to assist.  It seems like this would be a situation where the more molds the merrier.

ETA:  Someone may also may want to let Bruce know.  Not sure if he does the con circuit or anything, but a convention that is teaching new people to use his molds, could be a profitable trip for him as a vendor.

Edited by Dilvish the Deliverer