My girlfriend's first mini: Leon the skeleton

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see I'm not the only one who puts a drop of paint on the lid of my dropper bottles to help identify the color in the bottle.  Of course I use a box that clementines came in to store mine so I have to look down from the top...

Yeah, I find that makes identifying colors much easier. Every once in a while, I sort them out by color and put them in a box, so I really can't see them from the side, but mostly they're just out on the desk like you can see in the picture.

Welcome to the madhouse..Honestly, I can not really give much help on improvements yet. So far you seem to be off to a very good start, and I hope to see more work from you. the biggest tip I can give though, is relax and have fun. Check out other peoples work, but don't judge your own based on it. This is something that should always remain fun. 

• Like 5

Welcome to the forums, ArgyleSocks!

You're off to a great start. If Slendertroll has one of the Reaper Learn To Paint Kits, you should snag its instructions - they're great starting places, even if he's already painted the minis that go with them. Otherwise, feel free to all us if you run into any issues, and don't be afraid to experiment.

So, whats up next now that Leon is done?

• Like 1

Hey guys, it's me, Slendertroll's ladyfriend. Any comments/criticisms/advice? I just started another mini and I'm looking to improve!

Yes. Advice:

1. Try not to name your minis. It only makes the DM want to make you kill them.
  2. Have fun.

Seriously, though, Leon is pretty impressive for a "first mini." So have fun with your painting, you're off to a good start.

I see I'm not the only one who puts a drop of paint on the lid of my dropper bottles to help identify the color in the bottle.  Of course I use a box that clementines came in to store mine so I have to look down from the top...

Isn't that what the little indentations are for?

• Like 3

Welcome welcome!! :D Leon looks splendid, excellent work for your very first mini! Nice job getting the lines on the shield so neat and clean; I've painted that particular figure up several times, and those shields are a right pain!

I echo what the others have said: have fun! If you aren't having fun, then it's just work, and work is no fun. :) Feel free to be creative, try different things, experiment with colors, that sort of thing. :) As long as you're enjoying yourself and minis are getting paint, that's the important thing. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1