Sign in to follow this  
Clever Crow

Frog Demon

Awesome job.  I love this sculpt even more now that I see its potential with your paint job.  He looks like a cross between a frog, a leaf insect and a demon.  I'm looking forward to getting these in the Fall.

• Like 1

very cool. I am thinking something more poison arrow frog for mine, but this is nice work indeed.

THANKS!!!  Cool idea.  I was art directed on this piece to keep him more green..   When i get my own copy I think I would like to try the Blue poison dart frog.. 

• Like 2

That's awesome. I love how you've made the skin look slick and rubbery.

Thanks.  I did some thin glazes with a few inks that helped with the slick look...   

very cool. I am thinking something more poison arrow frog for mine, but this is nice work indeed.

THANKS!!!  Cool idea.  I was art directed on this piece to keep him more green..   When i get my own copy I think I would like to try the Blue poison dart frog.. 

oooh cool. Which ones

this

Blue-Poison-Dart-Frog-3-feature.jpg

or this

blue_auratus.jpg

• Like 3

Hmm... Might be fun to greenstuff him some bigger eyes, and then do him up like this:

Smug+Frog.jpg

or

prd_010165.jpg

Or, (buffo buffo) like this:

ornate-horned-frog.jpg

My main issue with this sculpt is really the head. I like the sculpt, ascetically, but frogs have giant yobs and big old eyes, and so it's not really screaming frog demon...

I'll probably paint one up as a newt or something, and one as a frog that I'll greenstuff.

• Like 4