Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Query about Terrror on Planet X and other Reaper Artist Conference sets.

So I was rummaging through my miniatures hoard as longtime collectors are prone to do from time to time, and I came across the Terror!! On Planet X Mouseling set.

Was surprised to see it was actually from the 2011 Reaper Artist Conference, had forgotten that although I do remember it had limited availability, and this brought a couple of questions to mind.

Have any other Artist Conference sets been made since then?

None come to mind and the Mouselings from the Planet X set were the only result I had when searching the online store.

Just how limited were the production numbers on that tentacled beastie that was included in the original set. Curious minds want to know. ::):

Also. Reaper should have made a mini of the retro rocket ship shown in the cover art.

Although its general egg shape and aesthetic does remind me if the one Patrick Keith produced since for his Counterblast line.

• Like 2

I built a rocket out of an old Denny's kid meal drink cup for them. A metal rocketship would have cost far too much.

• Like 5

I built a rocket out of an old Denny's kid meal drink cup for them. A metal rocketship would have cost far too much.

Pics?

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure that no ArtistCon miniatures have been produced since that set. I don't want to say 100% sure, since I have a poor memory, but I'm fairly confident. Last year's equivalent of ArtistCon was the Kickstarter 2 countdown party, and all the figures related to that were in the Kickstarter 2.

We talked about possibilities for spaceships when Michael was working on painting the ArtistCon 2011 pieces. I had brought a ship I had as a spare part from a broken game of Starfarers of Catan. Someone also had a wooden egg shaped piece from a craft store that would make a good body you could build up with styrene parts or similar. Michael only had a few days to paint all of the figures, so a few of us chipped in to help and plans to add a ship were abandoned, but it'd be cool to do someday with more time.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure that no ArtistCon miniatures have been produced since that set. I don't want to say 100% sure, since I have a poor memory, but I'm fairly confident. Last year's equivalent of ArtistCon was the Kickstarter 2 countdown party, and all the figures related to that were in the Kickstarter 2.

We talked about possibilities for spaceships when Michael was working on painting the ArtistCon 2011 pieces. I had brought a ship I had as a spare part from a broken game of Starfarers of Catan. Someone also had a wooden egg shaped piece from a craft store that would make a good body you could build up with styrene parts or similar. Michael only had a few days to paint all of the figures, so a few of us chipped in to help and plans to add a ship were abandoned, but it'd be cool to do someday with more time.

Thank you for the info! ::):

• Like 1

There is the zombie mouselings (male & female) & chainsaw mouseling. Pretty sure that one is a ACon release.

I think the zombie mouslings were from the year before the space mouslings.

There is the zombie mouselings (male & female) & chainsaw mouseling. Pretty sure that one is a ACon release.

I think the zombie mouslings were from the year before the space mouslings.

Yep. The Miniatures Gallery for Reaper states the ZombMouselings were from the 2010 ArtistCon.

I'm guessing there's nothing for 2012 onward cause of Reaper putting all their resources into the kickstarters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dr.Bedlam
      Well, the story's seven or eight years in the making, but we finally got married.

Now we just need to get Gene Van Horne to sculpt a bride and groom mouseling. Or a zombie bride and groom mouseling. Or a bride and groom mouseling with chainsaws...

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/44574-zombie-mouselings-a-love-story/&tab=comments#comment-616402 
    • By Puggeroni
      Totally new to the Reaper brand, so forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere else.....

When I look at the Mousling line of minis,  I see a few different models that are listed as 2 separate SKUs and 2 different prices but there's zero information about them so I don't know what's up with that.  For example with SKU 03744 it's $7.49, while  —  SKU 77290 is $2.99 (Mousling Druid & Beekeeper).  I've also noticed this with the King & Princess, Ranger & Yeoman, etc.   The cheaper models are shown with a B next to them on the table as well.  The only other difference I've noticed is release dates. 

I saw one thread mention different SKU's for different materials but it didn't mention the 03XXX SKUs.  Can someone help me? 

I want them all but don't want to buy the same thing at two different prices if they are, in fact, the same thing.  
    • By eltentaculorojo
      Howdy all!

I'm going to start a Mouse Guard group for kids (around 5 to 7-ish years old) soon. I have the mouseling minis for the mice themselves, but I need minis for a wide variety of NPCs and enemies. This is the tentative list I've come up with, based on the core book and the size chart that I attached. I'd like to stay within Bones, but I'm totally okay with spreading out into different Reaper brands. If you folks have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for miniatures that fit the size categories and look similar to the creature intended (i.e., the Dragon Tortoise for a snapping turtle). If the animal has (Int) in front of this, it has its own society in the world of Mouse Guard, and thus would be wearing clothes, wielding weapons, etc. Thanks for the help!

(Colossal-Gargantuan)
      Bear--Schleich Grizzly Bear 14685
      Moose--Shleich Bull Moose 14781

(Huge)
      Wolf--Schleich Wolf 14741
      Wolverine--Schleich Wolverine 14646
      Deer--Schleich White-tailed Buck 14709

(Large-Huge)
      Coyote--77202: Warg
      (Int) Otter/Sable--Harrek - Otter Cleric - DSM8083 and Otter Knight with Sword and Shield - DSM8087 and Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 and Otter Rogue with Loot - DSM8088 and Otter Mage with Staff - DSM8090 and FL13 Otter Mercenary and FL11 Otter Rogue

(Large)
      Fox--77202: Warg
      Badger--Safari Ltd. Badger 295429 and FL05 Gnarls and Thug, Shrew Slaver and Slave Badger (shows an intelligent badger but way better scale than anything else)
      Raccoon--Safari Ltd. Racoon 223029
      (Int) Marten--Harrek - Otter Cleric - DSM8083 and Otter Knight with Sword and Shield - DSM8087 and Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 and Otter Rogue with Loot - DSM8088 and Otter Mage with Staff - DSM8090 and FL13 Otter Mercenary and FL11 Otter Rogue
      Cat--77341: Lions (2)
      Snapping Turtle--77334: Dragon Tortoise

(Medium-Large)
      Skunk
      Beaver
      Hare
      Whistle Pig
      Porcupine
      Owl--77156: Owlbear

(Medium)
      (Int) Weasel/Mink--Wererat matriarch: 77296 and 01429: Shoatima, Otter Ranger (sadly no longer in production) and BB20 Weasel rogue and FL01 Drunken Weasel and BB11 Ferret Rogue
      Mole
      Squirrel
      Rabbit--Schleich Wild Rabbit 14631
      Flying Squirrel
      Snake--03676: Giant Snake (not bones)
      Bullfrog--02665: Killer Frogs (not bones)
      Lizard/Newt/Salamander--77371: Basilisk
      Crow/Killdeer/Blue Jay--

(Small-Medium)
      (Int) Mouse--Mouselings!; Evil Mice: BB17 Great Brown Rat and FL02 Black Rat Witch and BB16 Rat Warrior and BB18 Rat Assassain and FL04 Black Rat Rogue
      Bat--03795: Giant Bats (3) (not bones)
      Chipmunk
      (Int) Young Weasel--Wererat matriarch: 77296 and 01429: Shoatima, Otter Ranger (sadly no longer in production)

(Small-Tiny)
      Insect--77126: Vermin: Spiders (2)
      Baby Snake
      Tadpole

• By minibart
      I had planned to do a bunch of mouselings in november and december.. but work got in the way. I never had a more busy and stressfull december than this year.

But in the end I managed to finish two sets... just to late to hang in the Christmas tree.. 😊

• By pinkymadigan
      I always start my WIPs too late. This is my first scenic thing, normally I paint/build for game use exclusively, but my wife wanted a little scene with the mouselings from Bones II.

This is somewhere in the done to done-ish range, but I've not convinced myself yet. I think maybe the tree needs more bulk and I'm mixed on the grass. I feel like a few tufts of color wouldn't hurt. Maybe some flower tufts? I still need to stain and seal the rim obviously, but I'm waiting until I'm finished so I can tape those sections off and give a light spray coat to help things stay put.

Is there maybe something I could do to the bush/tree material to give it more color depth? Will it take paint well? It's the Woodland Scenics stuff usually used for model train terrain.

Any other tips or advice would be most welcome.
  • Who's Online   45 Members, 4 Anonymous, 136 Guests (See full list)