undead army

GAZO

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to run counter to the prevailing wind here. Those bases are awesome and the figures are very well painted - I especially love the freehand on the shields - but I don't think they go very well together.

It's a size thing, I think; those are large, chunky bases, where the skellies are, ah, skeletal. The rock really dominates the overall scene where it should be complementing it.

• Like 1

I actually have to agree with LK as much as I hate agreeing with him... (inside joke), but he's right those bases are overpowering your figures quite a bit and really standing out when they should be complementing the figure rather than taking center stage as they are doing.

Edit: grammar...

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

It's a size thing, I think; those are large, chunky bases, where the skellies are, ah, skeletal. The rock really dominates the overall scene where it should be complementing it.

I noticed in the other thread that the OP has similar bases on all his Bones. In this case the consistent basing makes them all look good together on the table, even if they're not the size that most of the rest of us use.

• Like 1

I noticed in the other thread that the OP has similar bases on all his Bones. In this case the consistent basing makes them all look good together on the table, even if they're not the size that most of the rest of us use.
Is true, the commonality of the basing gives the army theme and pulls it together well.

Individually or in a unified group like this, though, (and referring to these specific models) I feel the base overwhelms the figure.

• Like 1