Summer 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked a mini the day I received my partner, then it sat on my desk for a while.

Last weekend I figured out what I was going to do for the base, got everything I needed, stuck it all together (including the mini). The primer went on mid-week.

I'm hoping to get some solid time in over the next two weeks, as I'm going on holiday for most of July, and will not be taking any painting stuff with me.

• Like 3

I'll see what Fan says about it, but I'm pretty sure we can get you added into the mix DSModels, the deadline is still the same August 15, 2014 and I know a few people (myself included) haven't even started painting on our exchanges yet.

And some of us are done and mailed. :ph34r:

Are you volunteering as well?

I know Dave got his done and out like 2 days after getting his partner's information.

Sorry. I'm the guy that always throws off the bell curve.
  • Like 5

@Dave - Just messing with you since you were so quick out of the gates man, I think it's awesome you got yours to your partner so quickly and I know the kind of work you put out is always top notch.

@Siri - DONE? Dang, you are quick too! I think your partner will really enjoy your piece as well. 

I started working on mine tonight! Trying some new techniques, went with my new Grey Liner to base and bring out details and then did some dry-brushing pre-highlighting, doing a pretty elaborate base to go with it as well so got started on that too and waiting for some of the materials to dry. 

• Like 4

Did you put on a ninja slipper?

...How did you know?  :ph34r:  :B):

Further progress: Spare Oom is in the process of being converted from a small storage unit into an actual functional room. Once we get our dining table/chairs in a couple of weeks, I can steal the folding table back and set up my ROYAL KINGDOM permanent crafting area, yay! And then there shall be such a painting marathon. It will be glorious.  ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6

Well I just received an interesting package today. It seems that someone has sent me some lovely little mummies for my Summer styled army. This is wonderful. The models look really great and I will get photos up as soon as possible. Also they included a humerous note that left me thinking about making a world bible for my armies. Not sure if I really want to do that though, but plenty to think about. Thanks Anonymous sender. I love the mummies!

• Like 7

The mini I ordered has arrived. Kind of wish I knew my partner's favorite colors.

You could send a message to the organizer that assigned you your partner, and have them ask for you! :)

Huzzah!

• Like 1

The mini I ordered has arrived. Kind of wish I knew my partner's favorite colors.

You could send a message to the organizer that assigned you your partner, and have them ask for you! :)

Huzzah!

True...maybe I will, maybe I won't. My partner, she will never know. XD

• Like 1