Summer 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

Spent some time in Napa for Friday and Saturday. I arrived home late into the night / early morning (3:00 am) and felt the earthquake at 3:30. O_o.

Passed out and woke up around 10 to take this pictures right before heading out to a Traveller's game. I'm able to post the pictures up now and let's do this! I gave my cousin the go ahead to check out the package and was recently informed that my nieces ran off with the chocolate. T_T

The box after my cousin/nieces rifled through:

The painted marsh troll. I love the basing. I actually ogled at the basing for a bit. One day I shall base just like this!

What's this? The witch has green tears! Then I read the note and it made more sense. Thank you for sending me the extra you received. I'll have an attempt at the bust when my painting skills improve. ^_^

Three metal skeletal miniatures. Muahahha, they shall be the beginning of my halfling skeleton undead!

And the last item, which had me laughing like nuts. Even spammed a few friends with the phone. Thanks! lol

• Like 9

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked the tracking, and the package arrived in my partner's home city yesterday! (didn't realize there was any mail movement on Sundays, interesting) That means it will go out for delivery today! *happy dance*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

I received a package today and once my phone at least is online once more (sometime soon I hope, might be a couple of weeks though) I shall take pictures..

It had a nice note, some bones minis I wanted extras of andwas thinking of buying, some wooden bases (might have to check if a couple of minis will fit them), and an Awesome Small Sand Dragon! He looks so cool that I will have to find a place of honor for him so he can be much admired by many

Edited by Flamehawke
  • Like 6

Just checked the tracking, and the package arrived in my partner's home city yesterday! (didn't realize there was any mail movement on Sundays, interesting) That means it will go out for delivery today! *happy dance*

Huzzah!

And I got it! Thanks OneBoot, it's awesome! I love him  ^_^ He's a mini I didn't even think twice about in the store, but seeing him in person, I didn't realize just how much he had on him and you painted it all beautifully! Love the extras you sent along with him too, the paint will come in handy for sure and I can't wait to start painting the minis! That little mint tin is really awesome and a great way to send the mini safely!  ::D:

Note the adorable little stripe down the lizard's back and the awesome tidal wave on the scroll, as 'homage to Tiamacrab' as the letter put it  :lol:

post-12758-0-72860000-1408996332_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-98194400-1408996337_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-58000900-1408996340_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-06215600-1408996343_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Huzzah!!! Oh I'm so glad everything made it to you safely!  ^_^

Yeah, part of the reason it was late was because the longer I worked on him, the more awesome little details I kept finding! Like the fact that there's another teensy little lizard diving behind the skull; I didn't even find him until I started working on the skull!

I'm glad you like your things, it was a lot of fun to pick them out, and Mr. Twisty Wizard was a joy to paint. He's one of my favorite sculpts from Bones 1.  ^_^

EDIT: I'll put up a WIP thread during the week; I took a flajillion pictures, so it'll be kind of a long one.  ::):

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4

Huzzah!!! Oh I'm so glad everything made it to you safely!  ^_^

Yeah, part of the reason it was late was because the longer I worked on him, the more awesome little details I kept finding! Like the fact that there's another teensy little lizard diving behind the skull; I didn't even find him until I started working on the skull!

I'm glad you like your things, it was a lot of fun to pick them out, and Mr. Twisty Wizard was a joy to paint. He's one of my favorite sculpts from Bones 1.  ^_^

EDIT: I'll put up a WIP thread during the week; I took a flajillion pictures, so it'll be kind of a long one.  ::):

Huzzah!

I had no idea! You're right, there IS a little lizard back there! I might have to pick up a the figure just to paint him, there is sooooo much stuff it'd take forever and be good practice for detail painting  ::D: 

I really like him, so thanks a bunch!  :wub:

• Like 2

I'm a genius, I just realized I forgot to take pictures before I sent it out...hopefully my partner can get some good ones

Your partner takes pictures of their stuff, so I'm sure they will be more than happy to take pics of what you sent and display them proudly.  ^_^

• Like 2

Passed out and woke up around 10 to take this pictures right before heading out to a Traveller's game. I'm able to post the pictures up now and let's do this! I gave my cousin the go ahead to check out the package and was recently informed that my nieces ran off with the chocolate. T_T

The painted marsh troll. I love the basing. I actually ogled at the basing for a bit. One day I shall base just like this!

What's this? The witch has green tears! Then I read the note and it made more sense. Thank you for sending me the extra you received. I'll have an attempt at the bust when my painting skills improve. ^_^

Three metal skeletal miniatures. Muahahha, they shall be the beginning of my halfling skeleton undead!

And the last item, which had me laughing like nuts. Even spammed a few friends with the phone. Thanks! lol

Glad you liked it all and that it arrived in one piece. Apart from the chocolate, I'm sorry about the chocolate. :-)

That Dwarf Cupid is great, but it was just not going to get painted given the ever increasing queue on my desk.

I was very happy with the way the base turned out. I've only really tried basing to that degree a couple of times, and I learned a lot on this one. Like just how absorbent that foliage is - I must have put 4 or 5 coats of the water effects on it before it stayed at the depth I wanted.

But I have to share this early shot that had me giggling for a while. I give you the Marshmallow Troll:

post-8353-0-96186600-1409017169.jpg

• Like 6