Pipe and Drum Band Miniatures

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but I'm wondering where I'd be able to find miniatures of pipe and drum band members (bagpipers, snare drummers, tenor drummers, bass drummer)

So far in my "mini career" I've only ever concentrated on fantasy minis, and searching through the companies I know about, I'm able to find the odd miniature with a bagpipe, but nothing really suitable (usually Dwarfs). 

Looking for a set that are all dressed similar, preferably something like this: 

Maine-Bagpiper-Casual-b.jpg

ETA:  Not quite going for the full mass band like these below - but I'd like to be able to do up a small parade.  This is from the New Brunswick Highland Games last summer (2013).

Mass%20Bands.jpg

Mass%20Bands%202.jpg

Edited by Malynor

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try the Perry Brothers as well: https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_55&products_id=1662&osCsid=94m59121h5qi4fg230cno724v4

I'm not aware of anyone that makes a civilian version of what you are looking for. While bagpipes and snare drums are not terribly difficult to find I have never seen a base drummer. If you look for Napoleonic HIghland Command, AWI Highland Command, Seven Years War Highland Command, Crimean War Highland Comand and Zulu or Boar War Highland Command you will probably find something close.

Specific companies to look through are: Perry Miniatures, Wargames Foundry, Warlord Games, Front Rank, Artisan Design, Crusader Miniatures, Calpe Miniatures and Victrix Miniatures.

If scale is not an issue you can try looking for Britains Metal Toys like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-41150-ROYAL-SCOTS-PIPE-AND-DRUM-BAND-METAL-TOY-SOLDIER-FIGURE-SET-/271266886586

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 1

Thanks Heisler - I took a gander (and a thorough Google) through the catalogues of the companies you listed.  Quite a few drummers, and although there were a couple of bagpipers, all of them were in military or full parade dress.  It's possible that what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

Leave it to me to have 2 completely unrelated and obscure hobbies.

Edited by Malynor
  • Like 1

Close, but not really close enough for what I want.

Really important parts (for me anyways) is the hat - looking for something in a glengarry, then come the shoes/socks, typical military parade dress has spats (which there are a lot of minis with), which we don't wear, But I can (probably) paint the shoes/laces like brogues, and work with a coat, or vest, or whatever shirt.  But the hats are what really makes it. 

It's OK though, it was more idle speculation than anything else, and my google-fu wasn't working well for it (I found oh so many miniature bagpipe INSTRUMENTS though). I've got enough on my WIP shelf now (and 200+ in my box-o-bones waiting for more, and a big bones2 order coming, and the minis from Myth coming (eventually), plus a handful of metal minis that were too cool for me to pass up on ordering), I don't REALLY need them.  Just thought it'd be cool to do up some minis for the band.

There are these by Victrix. Napoleonic Highlanders

highland-centre-companies-miniatures.jpg

The problem you have is the the pipers in your photo wear a sort of civilian/military mish mash uniform, most of the figures available are going to be in historical military get-up