Best place to get skulls?

MoovaDirt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a film canister sized bottle of pewter skulls from Reaper at GenCon years ago that was the best deal I've ever gotten on skulls.  It was only around $5.  I think it must have been when they were ceasing to use the pewter skulls as 'shakers' in their paints.  I used the last of them as decoration for the base of Kittythulhu (my avatar) when I sculpted her in 2008.  I was quite dismayed to realize I couldn't purchase more.

• Like 5

What sized skulls? There are at least three sizes of skulls available on Hitst Arts molds that you can get cast, as well as two different piles of skulls... And one lady on the HA forums has made a mold and is selling a Wall of Skulls cast.

• Like 1

I bought a film canister sized bottle of pewter skulls from Reaper at GenCon years ago that was the best deal I've ever gotten on skulls. It was only around $5. I think it must have been when they were ceasing to use the pewter skulls as 'shakers' in their paints. I used the last of them as decoration for the base of Kittythulhu (my avatar) when I sculpted her in 2008. I was quite dismayed to realize I couldn't purchase more.

Got mine at my first RCon (was a a a away back in '05, jeesh). I've yet to use any but dang it's nice to have. Lol

• Like 4

I saw the title of this thread and thought "only in a fantasy forum" and had a chuckle.

So many fantasy forum topics could be taken out of context, when they were originally posted un-ironically.

Also, I'm kind of obsessed with getting skulls on the cheap too, for halloween and in gaming. No lair is complete without them. For human-size skulls I wait for the Dollar Tree to put out cheap, vague plastic skulls each year. Can't beat a buck apiece, and they can be repainted and cut to make grey skull fortresses in miniaters.

For mini skills, I clone them by using a 50/50 silicon calk & baby powder mix for a mould, and do my pour with locktite 5 miniute epoxy.