The Barbarian Dude: Redux (Ulfrik the Marred)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man! I found this as well... for blood effects... It.... well, it's.... You'll see.  :rock:

Edit: Good point Slendertroll! This one is particularly disturbing. I'm not quite sure that's a normal baby though.... (shudders)

Edited by Kharsin
  • Like 3

Oh man! I found this as well... for blood effects... It.... well, it's.... You'll see.  :rock:

Euagh, might want to put a warning on there for some serious body horror stuff (including baby entrails) that goes well beyond the level of gore I'd expect from a blood tutorial.

• Like 2

Love the figure. Great detail and the vien in his leg is a particularly nice touch. If I could offer on small bit of advice for the severed limbs... adding the ends of cut bone  where the skeleton would be (if the figs came with interior skeletons) would give the wounds a slightly more realistic feel.

• Like 2

Love the figure. Great detail and the vien in his leg is a particularly nice touch. If I could offer on small bit of advice for the severed limbs... adding the ends of cut bone where the skeleton would be (if the figs came with interior skeletons) would give the wounds a slightly more realistic feel.

Thanks! Yeah the veins in his leg, arm, and hand are all done the same way with sapphire blue covered in thin glazes of his lightest skin color.

I agree with you on the body parts so over the next day or two I'm going to make a few adjustments to make it more realistic.

• Like 2

I was gonna post that even just painting in the ends of the bone would work as well, but Prex beat me to it.

As for blood splatter, the wife has a really beaten and abused brush that she really only uses for this purpose. She'll apply the blood onto the brush lightly and either blow it onto the area or flick the brush handle for the specified effect. The violent and random nature of it coming from a specific point (the point of weapon impact) help make it look more like realist arterial blood spray.

• Like 2

I saw a tutorial where the person who made it used an empty dropper bottle for blood splatter. He squeezed it to suck in some paint and then used that tiny bit to squeeze out with a bunch of air on the figure/base to get the splatter effect.

So I went ahead and took all the suggestions seriously here and ended up adding some more blood/gore as well as some snow as CCM said. Will take some pictures shortly, I'm waiting on some stuff to dry before I do. 

As for how I did the blood/gore this time around, I used a variation of James Wappel's "Making a Bloody Mess" tutorial.

• Like 2