Infinity Keisotsu Butai

Looks awesome! I haven't tried to make paper plants yet. I'm tempted, but hmmm.... I don't know if I have the patience for it. LOL! This really is an excellent piece! Is the tree a stick or did you sculpt it? I've been wanting to do another tree for a while... INSPIRATION! Keep posting! I love seeing awesome stuff!  ::D:

Thank you for all the compliments!  ::):

@Kharsin

Funny thing was I actually ordered some laser cut paper leaves online because I didn't think I could make them myself. The competition deadline was only a few days away and there was still no sign of the package. I decided to bite the bullet and make them myself. Turned out pretty nice and the process was actually zen-like. Coat the paper leaves with matte medium or PVA/wood glue for extra strength. Learned the hard way that cyanoacrylate is no good. The leaves I ordered arrived the day I submitted my entry.

The tree is a root with a few branches glued on.

• Like 3

I would never have thought that a camo pattern would work on those hakama-type pants.  But I was wrong.  Very nicely done.  Everything is realisticly faded like it's been in the field a while.  And I like that you used the purple color on the gun that Yu-Jing seems to favor.  It's quite appropriate that the guy is standing in a sort of Banzai display.

Have you shown this on the Infinity Forum?

Edited by Paintergeist

Thank you everyone for the kind words!  ::D:

That is how I figured out how to do a lot of modeling stuff. Pressure and slow mail :P

Indeed, and what I like about it is when you realize that you can actually do it and that, more often than not, that it's actually fun.

Very well done. The first thing that popped out was the "five o'clock shadow", as that was done to perfection.

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit, the beard was already part of the mini.

I would never have thought that a camo pattern would work on those hakama-type pants.  But I was wrong.  Very nicely done.  Everything is realisticly faded like it's been in the field a while.  And I like that you used the purple color on the gun that Yu-Jing seems to favor.  It's quite appropriate that the guy is standing in a sort of Banzai display.

Have you shown this on the Infinity Forum?

I didn't know if the camo pattern would work, glad that it did. Unfortunately, I think the subdued colors was one of the reasons I didn't get into the top 5.

No, I haven't shown it on the Infinity forum but now that you mentioned it I will.  ::):

Thanks again for the compliments.