Sign in to follow this  
Mocha

Mocha's Minis

For trees, I recommend roots from bushes. Roots look more like trees in this scale and have nicer texture

This is meant to be a baby tree but it gives you an idea. Its what most of the painters use for their crazy looking trees. I cant say this enough, if you can find them, you need them! :P

As for sculpting, I recommend magic sculpt, its much nicer to sculpt with than milliput. Or mix milliput or magic sculpt with green stuff.

10288783_447997098669902_300154811435185

• Like 11

Hi all, 

I'm back! I've given a lot of thought to all the wonderful advice you gave-- thank you! Tomorrow's my first day off in 2+ weeks and I've been digging around inside & out for some basing materials and a way to rebuild Maralise. While the lower parts of her boots are still messed up and I'm not yet ready to attempt sculpting, I finally decided on a pre-cast base. For better or for worse, I've primed the base and glued to her to it. I'll soon paint it and add some new grass tufts that I purchased that will further disguise my basing mistake. Here's what I have so far: 

Maralise-June-27.JPG

[Edited for typos. arg] 

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 16

Welcome back ::):.

You could give Maralise a familiar. It could be standing on the damaged bit of her boot. Sorta like cats will do. That is another option.

• Like 3

You could give Maralise a familiar. It could be standing on the damaged bit of her boot. Sorta like cats will do. That is another option.

If she adds a cat familiar, then she'll have to put a laptop cuz that's where my landlord's cat loved to lay on....

• Like 5

She looks gorgeous! I bet no one would even notice the damage without having it pointed out to them.

If she adds a cat familiar, then she'll have to put a laptop cuz that's where my landlord's cat loved to lay on....

Or on her head, as my cat routinely tries to smother me in my sleep.

• Like 2

Nah, just sculpt a tiny box and put the cat inside the trap.

I think I have a cat sculpt somewhere. Schrodinger's familiar-- I like it. One day!

• Like 3

Nah, just sculpt a tiny box and put the cat inside the trap.

I think I have a cat sculpt somewhere. Schrodinger's familiar-- I like it. One day!

Reaper has a couple of mad scientist minis...there is an idea for a diorama in here somewhere.

• Like 4

Yes! I successfully camouflaged her boots. I wanted her to look like she's hiking through some ruins and in the end I'm pretty happy with how she turned out. I'm glad she's finally done-- honestly, I'm pretty of tired of looking at this same mini :blink: Once I can get some decent back & side pictures, I think I'll post it on the show off thread. Thank you all for the helpful tips throughout! 

photo-2_final-medium.JPG

• Like 17

love the stitching on the cloak and the texture on the top of the staff and the top of the pants.

I'm going to steal the stiching idea on the cloak.

• Like 1

don't forget to add her to the Reaper Inspiration Gallery as well...she totally deserves to be there!

• Like 4