Sign in to follow this  
Mocha

Mocha's Minis

Look at you all business man! 

Problem is, you know, dealing with the returned goods. Usually it is not fun, plus restocking could end up being too expensive. 

• Like 1

Interesting. I always thought the point of makeup was to enhance without being evident; to be noticeable without being noticed. *makes a note*

Gentleman will make note of not only how radiant a woman looks naturally, but appreciate the effort she makes to enhance her natural charms.
  • Like 6

Dear god I'm losing my man card for this for sure =(.

Nah, Mr. Melons, if anything, Miss Melons will be happy that you have a keen eye! No one wants to hear "Oh, you're wearing makeup? I hadn't noticed"  ^_^ I really like the idea of a touch of light pink blush on her cheeks-- I'll give it a shot!
Interesting. I always thought the point of makeup was to enhance without being evident; to be noticeable without being noticed. *makes a note*

It depends on the philosophy, which is itself a fashion that changes over time and from place to place. Sometimes the makeup is supposed to be unnoticeable but enhancing, sometimes it's supposed to be dramatic and in your face. There is no one single approach.

• Like 4

Haha I love it! Yeah, there are three things I'll admit to (and not saying this applies to every woman):

1. A woman dresses up-- she wants to be complimented on being extra-pretty

2. A woman doesn't dress up-- she wants to be told she looks pretty no matter what

3. Make-up is a hassle, whether painted on one's own face or the face of a miniature. 

• Like 10

Mocha, your work is really gorgeous! On the topic of make-up, I think knowing how and why it's applied helps us mini painters deal better with faces. For example rosy blush can give color and health to a face, while bronze in the hollows of the cheeks accentuates cheekbones and makes the face appear more angular. Even for those of us disinclined to care about make-up I would recommend learning some of the techniques used as it can make a real difference in how lively the minis turn out.

With your level of detail and skill I am sure you'll do an outstanding job!

• Like 3

Project Makeup Commence! 

I didn't have much time to paint tonight, but in the time I could, I added some super-subtle makeup: a lavender purple to the eyelids and a light blush to the cheeks. She still has the dark eyeliner since I just can't bring myself to change it. Maybe my mini is channeling Jenna Marbles-- who knows! 

photo-2-7l9m.JPG

• Like 17

Nicely done with the makeup!  Don't forget to give her eyebrows when you're done touching up her eyes, it will put the finishing touches on her expression :)

You've got some lovely blends going on - I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the model coming along!

• Like 4

first of. feathers, or leaves, I like the green,it goes very nicely with the blue and adds a bit of variety. The touch of makeup on her now, makes her look like someone important and well to do

• Like 1

Thank you! So funny story... I was going to go to sleep when I got sucked back in and did some work on her hair, gloves & pants. She definitely needs eyebrows, I agree Nissiana!  ^_^ I tried painting them in earlier and realized blonde eyebrows don't really show up. Maybe the red/orange color? Or maybe a really light brown?

Alright, sleep now. My job funds my miniature habit. I guess I should make sure I show up on time... until Thursday!

photo-3.JPG

• Like 11

Thank you! So funny story... I was going to go to sleep when I got sucked back in and did some work on her hair, gloves & pants. She definitely needs eyebrows, I agree Nissiana!  ^_^ I tried painting them in earlier and realized blonde eyebrows don't really show up. Maybe the red/orange color? Or maybe a really light brown?

The dark light (errf, no, that's not a thing) ...I mean the shadow color in her hair should work for the eyebrow. The only thing I know about make-up and coiffure involving women is this: if I want to know what a gal's natural hair color is I look at her  eyebrows.

Eyebrows are usually one shade darker than the natural color at the roots.

• Like 3

Your blending, layering, and clean painting reminds of a lot of how Kuro paints. Very nice work.

• Like 4

Your blending, layering, and clean painting reminds of a lot of how Kuro paints. Very nice work.

Thank you, that's quite a compliment! I'm very inspired by his style   :blush:

• Like 4

Woohoo, she took my advice (^_^) and it came out awesome. For the eyebrows I think you should use brown liner as the base and glaze the orange/blonde over it. For the hair, did you still want to go strawberry blonde on it? If so, I'd go with a really really thinned clear red glaze on it. And when I mean thin I'm talking really thin. I like clear red as it only tints the lows, mediums, and highs as opposed to bogging them down or bringing them up.

Btw, since you did so great on the brown blends I'm sure you just made Cash squee lol.

• Like 3