Sign in to follow this  
Mengu

Miniature selection

Hi Mengu,

can you give me a general idea of what they look like? Classical wizards with robes or something different a la Mialee and Henett (from D&D)?

More monk eh? Great! Though I wouldn't mind if they weren't humans or elves. †:laugh:

Thanks for the information!

Reaper has always done one of my favorite line of fantasy figs. Well-detailed, well-priced, and all around cool.

As for things I'd like to see? Mostly reiterations of what has been said:

A few less than legendary character figs.. Not ever human is a prince, or knight, or great wizard.. yet. Some plain armor, plain weapons, but still deadly looking. (And yes, detail can be filed down, but I like to buy mini's that are close to what I want)

Some more non-human player race minis. Some gnones, halflings, etc.

Oh, and I love vampires ans succubi too.. but there has got to be almost 10 of each in the line by now.. I don't plan on populating a village with them!

can you give me a general idea of what they look like? Classical wizards with robes or something different a la Mialee and Henett (from D&D)?

More monk eh? Great! Though I wouldn't mind if they weren't humans or elves. †:laugh:

The male wizard is wearing a shirt, pants, and a long cloak, and has a staff in his hand. I think he also has a sack and a pouch.

It's similar for the female, but I don't remember if she has pants, or a skirt, I think Sandra wanted to go for skirt, but I'm not sure.

A suggestion for wizards (or other characters) in more eclectic clothing such as Hennet and Mialee would be a wonderful request.

On another note check out the greens and you'll see a female elven wizard (14022) and what could be a human sorcerer with a spear (14024), that look somewhat exotic. These are upcoming Warlord minis.

The monks are human I'm afraid, but it was needed.

I also wish to see more non-humans that are not simply representatives of their preferred classes. A female dwarven sorcerer, or an elven monk, or a halfling priest, or a half-orc bard would be nice to see. On the other hand, one of my friends made a conversion on a reaper halfling to turn him into a wizard, gave him a book and a staff, and it worked pretty well. Characters with outstretched arms are cool that way. †:cool:

On the other hand, one of my friends made a conversion on a reaper halfling to turn him into a wizard, gave him a book and a staff, and it worked pretty well. Characters with outstretched arms are cool that way. †:cool:

Yeah, one of the best things figure designers can do for those of us who like eclectic characters is make sure the weaponry is easily removable - don't attach it to the body anywhere but at the hand so we can easily snip it off. Same for heads, although obviously not every character can have a nice clear accessible neck..................

Yea, me too. I would like to see the mascots done for 25mm scale. And I don't care if you look at me like that, I'm bigger than all of you! :)

But seriously, I would also like to see more fighter jet/mech jock types. You know, jumpsuit, holding their helmet, that sort of thing.

--And stop looking at me like that.

--lstormhammer

But seriously, I would also like to see more fighter jet/mech jock types. You know, jumpsuit, holding their helmet, that sort of thing.

You should probably start a thread on the Sci-Fi minis section for a request for that type of figure. You would probably get a better response from the host there than here on the Fantasy Figures section. †:)

Thanks yet again Mengu.

I saw the greens don't worry.  :)

Froschmeister: agreed. *roooooar*

lstormhammer: Maybe you could find some of those old Battletech pilot minis Ral Partha made a couple of years ago on Ebay. If you don't have them already of course.

Well, if someone could convince Werner to sculpt a pretty badass Paladin/Knight-type with greatsword, looking like he's about ready to ruin some poor sap's day,(it'd be a big bonus if it was a Warlord mini) :;): Then I'd certainly be grateful!

Errmmm...ahem..not that I have selfish reasons for this or anything *hides the D&D character seet behind his back*  nope..not at all.... :D

I'd like to see minis in the DHA scale for Sophie, the Reaper mascot, and Dana Murphy, the CAV mascot.

No really, I would.

Stop looking at me like that.[/qoute]

I heard they had a prototype of sophie, but the staff did "somthin bad" to that mini. I kind like the image of a cloathed succubus from reaper, not cause she has to but caise she wants to.

As for minis I want:

Horrid monsters: things that leap out of lovecraftian dreams, not dante's inferno.tendrills, mouth stalks, mouths that open from multiple angles.

A Squid-headed dragon: Dragontuthius

Minis with open hands that you can chose what to put in thier hands

A five headed dragon lets just call her Tia

Well, if someone could convince Werner to sculpt a pretty badass Paladin/Knight-type with greatsword, looking like he's about ready to ruin some poor sap's day

what's wrong with 2464 or 2483? (black legionaire w/ 2handed sword or Mangu Timur)

both are fabulous & seem like what you're asking for. Who cares whether reaper says it's an evil or good figure? Does anyone really believe that the cross has never been seen as a symbol of evil and the ankh has never been a symbol of good?

Stop worrying about reaper's characterizations & paint up Mangu as the most bad-butt holy warrior your campaign has ever seen.

Who cares whether reaper says it's an evil or good figure? Does anyone really believe that the cross has never been seen as a symbol of evil and the ankh has never been a symbol of good?

Stop worrying about reaper's characterizations & paint up

yeah!

names are nice and all that, but if the fig works, go for it!

cbs

As far as minis go, if I find one that fits, like Mangu Timur, I go for it. I just cut and file the offendingdetails away, like those Malvernis icons, or the crosses on the shields for my Templars. Then I have a flat surface to paint! So far on Mangu, I have him trimmed, black primed, and first coated with Partha Steel. I may go over that with a light drybrush of Reaper Steel Plate to pick out the highlights. I'm debating on what color his cloak/loincloth should be. Suggestions? I'm leaning toward deep red or royal purple.

Purple carries the conotation of royalty. I'd paint it a deep red with a purple border all the way around the three free edges. Then, if you need a device, use black outlined with silver (the black won't stand out enough if it's not outlined by a metallic or light color).

This maintains the darkish color scheme you suggest (& which i think works for him) with the purple suggesting some relationship to royalty, but the freedom to define that as distant cousin married into the royal family, blah, blah. That way the mini gets some use & isn't put away in the carryall 363 days a year