Sign in to follow this  
Mengu

Miniature selection

Sword and Sorcery is now distributing a number of companies products, including Necromancer. But those companies are distinct from S&S. Necromancer has a number of products out, mostly modules.

This is the first I've heard of this agreement tho, so I guess I've got some looking up to do!

As a request, I'd like to see more bits and pieces that aren't weapons. I just found an old mini with a torch, and we just bought some Warhammer bits with things like lanterns.

Pete

i maybe new to this forum, but i'm familiar with miniatures, and by far, reaper is the best.  however, call me old-fashioned, but i would like to see, and have, some of the miniatures that make reaper stand out.  the ones i'm talking about are the old ones.  namely the reapers of the apocalypse series.  Famine, War, Plague and Death on their undead steeds... those four minis define what reaper miniatures are all about and they are what make reaper different.  

reaper miniatures are also unique.  i give credit to the designers whoever they may be, because every miniature has his, her, or its own story and that story adds some pizazz to every campaign, and miniature.  

i guess my main request is "bring back the old stuff"

More creatures please.  Sahaugin and kua-toa would be especially cool.

I have an idea, Reaper should have a contest and draw one random winner.  The winner gets a few requested figures made.  I would want an army pack of kua-toa.

after reading the messages on this forum, i have a few things to say.  i've been here and there and have seen a lot.  reaper by far is the best miniature company in the biz.  and since this is the wish list portion, i have a few wishes....

bring back the old stuff!  Items such as the Reapers of the Apocalypse on their undead steeds!  these four miniatures give us, the players and consumers, the individualism and intimidation that is needed when creating an army, or horde.  then again, these very same miniatures just scream "Hell Yeah!"  Don't get me wrong the Warlords line is out frickin' standing, it would be nice to have some old miniatures from back in the day.

You might want to look for the thread on the Boneyard... we are speculating that it will have the "old" miniatures available. Maybe. Hopefully. Maybe. :D

I now would like to see more of the Warmaidens (ie Britta) by Bobby Jackson. I've had her under a magnifying glass for over 48 hours, and I can't stop staring. Like! Much like! Want more! Otherwise, I'll have to try my hand at conversions.

Second the motion for non-weapon "bits" sprues. I want to see the kind of stuff that's starting to come out for scifi vehicles 25mm scale: the various jerry cans, bedrolls, tarpaulins, shovels, swags, lootsacks, pouches EVERYTHING! Lanterns. Torches. Enough gear to turn a miniature into a hardened dungeoneer or weatherbeaten ranger, or rapacious looter for that matter.

Yeah, I'd like to see more Sisters of the Blade in decent armor and dress.  The warmaidens, well, you can take them or leave them.  There's something about the difference between a breastplate, a "breast"plate and a BREASTplate that just turnsme off to those.

Hello all!

I'm new here, well newer than the rest of you :laugh: † I would like to see more variety in the humanoid section. †Not many goblins hobgoblins bugbears etc. †Not looking for a whole army of 'em but 2 or 3 1 being female for each would be nice. †Gotta have those boss figures for dramatic effect :p

Aside from younger looking human mage characters I'de like to see (and I know this is a pipe dream) Reaper get together with WoTC to do a line of minis based off of the Forgotten Realms Priesthoods as well as the FR monster series.

I'm attempting to sculpt a Phaerimm now and have gotten thru stage 3 and I know minis like that would sell.

AND YES... I know all about licensing and the details that go into companies cooperating with one another on projects.

Rumor has it that Hasbro is going to sell the D&D line to someone out there.

When I find out the offers are being made I'm going to try to convince some venture capitalists out there to buy the line and if that ever happens I'de like to approach Reaper about doing some cooperative marketing toward the Forgotten Realms.

But we'll all see what happens when Fireworks entertainment finally releases the new Forgotten Realms series next fall.

But alas.. I'm just a pipe dreamer.

Steve C.

froschmeister- uh, I see your point there. But I still love the Warmaidens- I've been desensitized by Diablo(2) and DungeonKeeper(2).... both great games, but eeesh... is this a battlefield or a swimsuit contest? Puh leeeeze.

Lyselle the Warlord fig looks AWESOME, and she's wearing clothes. I like clothes generally. They keep grass-seeds and splinters and enraged feral cats that vital few fractions of an inch away from easily-lacerated skin.....

Smokingwreckage - Granted, it's very early in the morning, but I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Oh well, it doesn't matter that much.

I think I'd like to see fewer battlenuns, myself.  They're quite formidable without any actual weapons, thankyouverymuch.  :p

There are some things I'd like to see but, I was looking at the ones that were released on 12SEP.  I liked the Rhino Warrior and the Croc in the Greens section best.  It's like they read my mind on getting some unique warriors to paint up and use.

Drizzt is so cliche'

"Im a renagade from a race of super evil subtarainians and I have 2 sweet swords I use at the same time and I have a magic best friend (onyx the panther)"

come on. can we say rogue ninja being hunted by clan???

--lstormhammer

Well, if we're on the topic of wish-lists, I would want to see more bearded human characters. Not a walking carpet of a beard, just something to show the character's not 14 years old. I'd also like to see simple armor. I know guilded edgings and engracing makes a character interesting to paint, but sometimes, I come up with character concepts that include 'plain, unadorned armor, and a simple, effective sword'. I guess what I'm saying is that some of us like the Volvo or armor. Boxy, but effecient.

2045 has both simple armor and a beard that isnt 20 ft long. He was the first figure that I ever bought and I just stripped him today. 2006 also has simple armor. I have her too. what I like about sidrith is that her class is really undefined, also she is decently clothed. oh and drizzt sucks drow a$$

Dude, Drizzt has been around for a very long time now, first nudging his way into my consciousness in the early 90s. Dis him not, or ELSE I'll complain bitterly. I may even whine. You don't want that. Seriously, have you ever read the books? For Sword & Sorcery type stuff, they're exceptionally good.

Anyhow, my point was that a lot of people will be pleased to see the miniature, it was often alluded to in this thread that Drizzt or a decent dual-scimitar elf of any kind would be a welcome addition to the miniature selection.