Sign in to follow this  
galladril

Enter the Dungeon - Miniature Terrain from Griffin Tamer Studio

Kickstarter Link

Heads Up, Dwarven Forge / Terrain people. These are terrain pieces specifically as entrances to dungeons, caverns, and other dark territory.

Delicious sculpts, in my opinion, with some options and choices I have truly never seen before.

The KS began about 12 hours ago, and he is already 3x past initial funding goal.

Other Info:

Facebook Page

16 Page Thread over at Dwarven Forge

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2

It's not Garrick Forscale, no...it's one of his Anhurian cousins, the Heightseers.

Some cool stuff in this one, too bad the sweet spot looks sold through.

• Like 1

Check back later. It looks like he just forgot to include a non-EB version thereof.

What's up with the August or February delivery?  That's quite a gap depending on how soon you pledge.

From what I saw in the comments, there are August, November, February ship dates so that he can spread out the work for himself in a meaningful way. I backed at the $100 level in February and hope that I will be able to snag a better shipping option during the campaign.

• Like 1

I agree the project looks pretty awesome.  These gates are going to really enhance my game boards rather well.  You can still get in with December 2014 shipping.  Six months is quite reason for this type of Kickstarter.  He's almost hit $27,000 and the stretch goals are getting better all the time.  I personal like all the options for the giant's gate myself.   

The very old Grendel, now of Scotia-Grendel, resin fantasy pieces include some similar ideas, if you're looking for entryways and arches etc.

This KS looks gorgeous, just pointing out some other stuff people might like!

The temple entrance from this KS might be the best gate/entrance piece I've seen yet.  I also like the versatility the sculptor has added to many of the pieces, allowing them to be used different ways.

I ended up dropping out of this. I like the doors, but I can't imagine needing more than one or two. Unfortunately, all of the stretch goals required you buying 3 gates or 9 doors. It wouldn't be so bad if the stretch goals were available as add ons, I'd happily pay for half of the free stretch goals, but they never added an option to do so.

It was the owlbear throw rug that convinced me to drop out. It is a nice, original piece and I'd love to have gotten one, but I wasn't about to raise my pledge $60 to get it. It is a very successful kickstarter though, with lots of cool items, so hopefully everything will be available individually at retail somewhere down the line.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Artyphex
      (forgive me, very new to the forums) 

Andowyn Thrushmoor!
      It's been awhile since I've painted a plain ol' character miniature. I spent the better part of today working on her and I’m overall pleased with how she came out. I really want to double my skill level by the time Bones V is delivered and I’m proud of my progress! Slowly but surely figuring out how to do faces, this one looks pretty okay, though her right eye is funky.

Since this is my first form post, the picture is her next to my first miniature! It's about four years old and I keep it around the rest of my collection in a place of honor

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      This looks like a very interesting board game with lots of new, fresh ideas and cool artwork (and nice minis - there is even a pledge level for just the minis: around 15 of them for $20 plus shipping):

About this project

It's a harsh but lucrative business being a mercenary out on the edge of civilization. You must explore the harsh wilderness and engage in deep tactical combat, where the decisions you make have an impact not only on your own character, but also the world around you.

Gloomhaven is cooperative game of card-driven combat set in a persistent fantasy campaign which will change and grow as you play the game.
      There is always more to unlock and explore in the world of Gloomhaven.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/description
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      If you missed the first Gloomhaven Kickstarter (and retail sold out quickly) here is your chance. I backed that game the first time around and could not be happier with the results. Warning ... that box is heavy ...

• By Serpine
      Two new sets of crazy Christmas battle miniatures...
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184398968/war-in-christmas-village-sequels-tabletop-gaming-m/comments

His previous project is in the process of shipping (got all of mine today).
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)