Dungeon Saga

Teskal

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG the comments over there are crazy. People crying and whining about add-ons right now and not having new stretch goals when they already have a $365k goal to hit. Greedy greedy people. I can't stand KS comments like that so I wandered off.

• Like 1

OMG the comments over there are crazy. People crying and whining about add-ons right now and not having new stretch goals when they already have a $365k goal to hit. Greedy greedy people. I can't stand KS comments like that so I wandered off.

"Ugh, why aren't there more resin figures guyz? That's all I want"

So have they explained the difference between their normal plastic, premium plastic and their resin?

• Like 1

"Ugh, why aren't there more resin figures guyz? That's all I want"

So have they explained the difference between their normal plastic, premium plastic and their resin?

I joke about it on here, not that I really need more resin figures since I've been in deep on a few other recent KS. I just found the whole drama thing funny as there were a few vocal people over there just throwing a fit over it rather than doing it in a mature way.

I have no idea what the normal/premium plastics are or how they paint up. 

• Like 1

Isn't bonesium PVC?

Thus why I'm confused...the box set is normal plastic...but there's a chosen few that are premium plastic...why isn't the box or those special few just either premium or normal. It seems like a hassle. Then when the box set is officially releases, what good is having both types of plastics to a game? @[email protected] there's also a couple of metal figures..... This ks is every where for miniature materials and I don't understand why.

Edited by MissMelons

Honestly, I don't know. The resins speak to me and the game doesn't as I'm not a board gamer (even though it does look kind of fun) and it makes my wallet (and wife) happy if I'm not pledging too much on this KS. If they were all resin I'd be in some trouble. 

Totally agree with you Miss M about the different pieces and materials. If I were to give them a critique on it, it'd be to make all the regular figures either the regular plastic or premium plastic and have the resins as add-on options only. Then you deal with only 2 materials.

Isn't bonesium PVC?

Thus why I'm confused...the box set is normal plastic...but there's a chosen few that are premium plastic...why isn't the box or those special few just either premium or normal. It seems like a hassle. Then when the box set is officially releases, what good is having both types of plastics to a game? @[email protected] there's also a couple of metal figures..... This ks is every where for miniature materials and I don't understand why.

It's simply the material they have the molds for already and the stuff they already sell in the store. E.g the gobbo leaders being metal, they sell a relatively low volume of them compared to the rank and file, thus metal. Cheap molds and rather expensive material. If they were to do all these minis in the board game plastic it'd take a whole lot more money than what we've raised, $10k+ per mold. It's simply KoW figures that you can repurpose for the board game if you so please, at a decent discount.

Personally I'll use Bones for extra minis if I want them. From Bones I/II I have more or less every monster imaginable and some unimaginable ones too.

• Like 2

Why greedy people? They want addons to spent more money on the project. And why should backers not want new SG's? I can understand that they are curious and are hoping to see new informations about the game.

And with over 2,900 Backer you can't expect that everyone is happy. But it would be better if most backers tell what they want as addons, as Mantic said, they would use this information to check if they can make it possible.

The good thing about Kickstarter is that a Kickstarter creator get directly feedback from the future end users.

I'm happy that such feedback is possible and was working well with Mars Attacks, without it we would not have a SAW for the human soldiers.

• Like 1

Why greedy people? They want addons to spent more money on the project. And why should backers not want new SG's? I can understand that they are curious and are hoping to see new informations about the game.

And with over 2,900 Backer you can't expect that everyone is happy. But it would be better if most backers tell what they want as addons, as Mantic said, they would use this information to check if they can make it possible.

The good thing about Kickstarter is that a Kickstarter creator get directly feedback from the future end users.

I'm happy that such feedback is possible and was working well with Mars Attacks, without it we would not have a SAW for the human soldiers.

There's already a very close stretch goal that's attainable very soon and I'm sure that the next will pop up later today or tomorrow. It was the reaction by people that put me off. A small group of them were literally throwing a temper tantrum over the lack of a new(er) stretch goal. I understand that you can't make everyone happy, but it's better to give some real critiques/advice on how to help entice people to up their pledges and gain more backers than say some of the things those people were saying, things like "If I don't see a new stretch goal today, I'm dropping my pledge!" I mean come on, they've put out how many updates and blasted through how many stretches in such a short time? Give them a bit of breathing room to get out the new goals and add-ons, be patient and mature about the whole thing, the goals will come there is plenty of time to get more cool stuff they want without a tantrum.

• Like 1