Doctor Who Diorama (and the challenge of building a 28mm TARDIS)

Fuzzy dalek looks awesome.

How many more weeks until the new Doctor?

World premiere of Season 8 is on the 23rd, if I am not mistaken.

Plan for us is to attend the closing of the World Tour with Capaldi and Jenna in Rio on the 18th. So I need to get this done in time for the contest... That's one less weekend to work on it!

• Like 2
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to be picky... as I need to find a critique or I will simply go mad...(just kidding, I am already mad).. there is no keyhole in the front door of the TARDIS!

see I found something.... :devil:

Lovely work and the shadows are perfect with the Dr reaching for his sonic screwdriver.

:upside:

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

Thank guys!

I am expecting to do some matte varnish passes today (I am basically calling it done, except for the keyhole, thanks robinh!). Right now it is shiny, especially on the base, because of the protective layer of Future I sprayed on it (I was nervous about the shadows TBH).

Once that is done and I get a nice, gripping layer on the ground, I will use some pigment to increase the dust and texture on it. And then, it should be done. Like with most 99% done proyects, I find a lot of things I don't like, or did not go as planned, but a deadline is great for making you call something "done".

Pingo, I tried to follow your advice on the shadows. The one thing I don't like is that for those shadows to exist, the Doctor and Amy had to proyect strong shadows ON the Tardis. I was a coward, and could not do it :( I just painted some amorfous shadows behind them...

PS: BBC World, Tour, ending in Rio de Janeiro, we got flight tickets, we got hotel reservations... and 48 hs prior BBC announces the tickets can be bought, but only 18yo or older can enter the event. The main reason was taking my 10yo daughter FAN to a Family TV show event... WTF?!?!?!  :down:  ::(:

• Like 1

I just wanted to say about the scale: I don't think you should worry at all.

I had a good look at the TARDIS in last night's episode, "The Caretaker." It really is more massive than one expects. Clara's head only reaches the top of the notice, and the Doctor and Danny, both fairly tall men, only just clear the bottom of the windows.

Your TARDIS is a gorgeous little piece of sculpture, and it looks perfect with those minis.

• Like 2

I just wanted to say about the scale: I don't think you should worry at all.

I had a good look at the TARDIS in last night's episode, "The Caretaker." It really is more massive than one expects. Clara's head only reaches the top of the notice, and the Doctor and Danny, both fairly tall men, only just clear the bottom of the windows.

Your TARDIS is a gorgeous little piece of sculpture, and it looks perfect with those minis.

I used reference pictures for the previous season, and it seemed about right. Of course, I am not an expert, but I tried to use references... and also, the TARDIS is a prop that changes all the time!

At the contest, the judges said that the TARDIS was wrong, because the non-door sides where different than the front (??). I did not dispute, but hey, I was sorprised about that comment...

End of the day, everybody looks at it and it is a TARDIS... and the scale works. So, I am very happy  :blush:

• Like 4