Doctor Who Diorama (and the challenge of building a 28mm TARDIS)

My thought on Who under Moffat are simple. Too much for one man. He's done some brilliant stuff, some hilarious stuff, and some WTF? stuff, but WHO really demands more people coming up with more ideas, and more brainstorming to make ideas work and toss some into the recycling where they belong then it is getting at times

edit: forget 'Blink" if you've got the first two seasons, wait until she watches 'The Empty Child'

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 1
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the idea is NOT to scare her too much... so I will proceed with caution with that episode then.

How old is she? One of mine at nine got screaming nightmares from that one, and even as teenagers it still makes my kids shudder.

• Like 1

I always feel so lost whenever people start talking Dr. Who as I've probably seen like 5-10 episodes total (and those being with Matt Smith as the Dr.)...

Come to the Dark Side...
  • Like 1

"Fantastic!"

I really love what you're doing with this. Matt Smith is not my favorite Doctor, but he's pretty durned good. I will wait patiently to see how this comes together.

For what it's worth, I'm almost 37, and some Dr. Who still scares the crap out of me. <cough>weeping angels<cough> 

• Like 3

As an addendum anyone who likes Dr. Who should read ReaperBryan's blog on said. It's extremely well written, informative, and a lot of fun. 

I don't hate Moffat, though I do dislike some things he's done. He's also give us what I believe are some of the best new episodes. If "Empty Child/The Dr. Dances" is not my favorite, it's easily in the top 5. Yes, I count those as one episode. I'm biased though, because Eccleston is my favorite Dr. 

• Like 1

Well, the idea is NOT to scare her too much... so I will proceed with caution with that episode then.

How old is she? One of mine at nine got screaming nightmares from that one, and even as teenagers it still makes my kids shudder.

She's 10. She kept watching the episode, eyes wide open, utterly serious. I asked, she said she was fine, she then straight to bed... and slept as a rock. So either she is a rock, or she slept with her sonic screwdriver under the pillow.

@Loim: I find Eccleston smile to be fake and kinda perverse, tbh. Smith makes me care about him. To each their own... LOL

• Like 4

She's 10. She kept watching the episode, eyes wide open, utterly serious. I asked, she said she was fine, she then straight to bed... and slept as a rock. So either she is a rock, or she slept with her sonic screwdriver under the pillow.

@Loim: I find Eccleston smile to be fake and kinda perverse, tbh. Smith makes me care about him. To each their own... LOL

I get the impression Eccleston was told to be more "charming," thus the maniacal grin.

"Fantastic!"

I really love what you're doing with this. Matt Smith is not my favorite Doctor, but he's pretty durned good. I will wait patiently to see how this comes together.

For what it's worth, I'm almost 37, and some Dr. Who still scares the crap out of me. <cough>weeping angels<cough> 

I wasn't scared by the angels after what they did to them in the Matt Smith episodes. The first one, with Tennent were fantastic, very tense and creepy. But in the Matt Smith Episodes it just didn't make sense. They had their eyes uncovered and they were looking at each other but still moving. They're not supposed to do that. Plus, they aren't supposed to actually hurt you, just send you back in time so they can live off the energy of having sent you back, but iirc Rory got hurt by those baby angels in the last Any+Rory episode. That episode didn't make sense at all. Why send them to a creepy hotel? They're supposed to send them back in time.

• Like 1