Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Lem, Iconic Halfling Bard

I like the look and the freehand.  Lem has been sitting on my table for awhile now, taunting me to paint him.  So far I have succeeded in ignoring him.

• Like 4

Like the flute, the colors, the moon, and the detail on the dagger hilt. If your eyes are hurting, you should probably start working with a set of nerd goggles. I've been using them now for a few years, and they help you see and paint detail better and probably relax your eyes with less strain.

• Like 2

Along with what everyone else has said, he's got some nice eyes happening as well.  I really like your color palette!

• Like 2

I have plans in place for a halfling sorcerer, if I go that route chances are I will be using Lem, and your work on him as inspiration. Just so you know. It won't be copying, more imitation, which they say is the sincerest form of flattery. 

• Like 5

Wow, thanks everybody for the overwhelmingly positive responses. I've been sick all day and this really cheered me up.

I added a bit of green to his eyes. I never really added color to eyes before and took a chance not knowing how it was gojng to turn out.

Like the flute, the colors, the moon, and the detail on the dagger hilt. If your eyes are hurting, you should probably start working with a set of nerd goggles. I've been using them now for a few years, and they help you see and paint detail better and probably relax your eyes with less strain.

I'm nearsighted so most of the time I am ok. I've heard mixed things about using magnifying tools regarding whether or not they are good for your eyes.

I have plans in place for a halfling sorcerer, if I go that route chances are I will be using Lem, and your work on him as inspiration. Just so you know. It won't be copying, more imitation, which they say is the sincerest form of flattery.

Cool! Use it all you want :) Edited by Mutilatedlips
  • Like 1

Great eyes, nice freehand. Really nice colors. I love his pants!

Your blues could use a little more depth, I think. A coat that fancy seems like it should be a rich fabric, like silk or velvet, which would have a lot more reflection and much deeper shadow. Something to think on, anyway.

Really nice work on this guy. One of my favorite sculpts! I'm a fan of how you did the flute, too (I didn't get to paint the flute on my Lem due to conversion).

I really like what you've got going on with your non-PP stuff. Really cool work.

• Like 2

Very nice, there isn't much praise I could heap that others haven't already. ^_^ I really like your colour scheme for him.

Quick query; this is the metal Lem?

• Like 2