Sign in to follow this  
Darius Glenwell

Kaladrax Reborn

That is a SPECTACULAR piece! Your brushwork, palette, & basing are INCREDIBLE...the bone effects in particular.. GREAT WORK!

The Folks posing with the Living Impaired Lizard are also STUNNING.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

I'm always impressed with the sheer variety of ways this dragon gets painted up -- this one is no exception.

I particularly like the dry, dusty look you imparted to this Kaladrax, like he's been blasted by desert sands for decades.

• Like 2

I'm always impressed with the sheer variety of ways this dragon gets painted up -- this one is no exception.

I particularly like the dry, dusty look you imparted to this Kaladrax, like he's been blasted by desert sands for decades.

Kinda what I w as going for along with a little fossilization. ;) 

• Like 2

Nice work on the dragon.  What did you use for the dark parts of the bone?  if its a wash, that was really well balanced and even.  Also like the emerald color to the basing.  Very well done and quite a job!

Congratulations

• Like 1

Kangaroorex; I did use a wash of Agrax Earthshade to get that look. Thanks for the compliments! :D 

Toasty; Thanks for asking! I first painted the base black. Then used a sponge to create the marble effect using a dark green and then a lighter shade of that same green. Then I used a very thin brush to do the lines through the stone and after that a wash of Army Painter Blue Tone to even things out a bit.