Knoll from Mind Your Manors

Shoshie

As the current resident brown lover, I love this guy! Beautiful use of browns, and nice hyena-y feel to him, as befits a proper gnoll. One of the best painted versions I've seen of this one.

I like earth tones too :)

• Like 1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of the piece itself, I like how you've gotten quite a clear "read" and vibrant look while sticking with browns and doing naturalistic transitions (like the black-to-tan on his muzzle).

Very skillful use of colour IMTUO.

(In My Totally Unqualified* Opinion)

*It's me that's not qualified, not my opinion. Well both, actually. Grammar makes my head hurt.

• Like 1

On the subject of the piece itself, I like how you've gotten quite a clear "read" and vibrant look while sticking with browns and doing naturalistic transitions (like the black-to-tan on his muzzle).

Very skillful use of colour IMTUO.

(In My Totally Unqualified* Opinion)

*It's me that's not qualified, not my opinion. Well both, actually. Grammar makes my head hurt.

Thank you!!  I took Color Theory in college.  It was probably one of the most invaluable classes I've ever taken.

• Like 1

Wow.  He is very cool!

I love it.  I will most likely shamelessly steal (or at least be majorly inspired by) the way you painted the fur for my own gnolls.

I'm cool with that.  If you post them online send me a message so I can see them!

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys for the feedback on my Knoll's fur!  I've always pictured them to be Hyenalike. :D

I painted my gnoll by using hyena pictures as well. And they are described in the bestiary I have as being hyena like humanoids. They also keep hyenas the way others keep dogs