Sign in to follow this  
nakos

Nakos' 77099: Nightspectre

This weekend I got into a painting mood and finished several pieces, a great worm and a stone golem, and started several skeletons, ghouls, and golems.

I started this one and the Banshee last year and wanted to try something different. I started out with a white wash base coat from Apple Barrel white and Reaper's flow improver, took two layers to get a good coverage. I then washed it with GW's Thrakka Green and proceeded to leave them for months.

post-8244-0-48257200-1401205296_thumb.jpg

post-8244-0-62959900-1401205307_thumb.jpg

This weekend I finshed this one. I did a heavy drybrush of Meadow Green to knock down some of the green glossyness. For a different spectral theme I decided to throw some purple into the color scheme so I used GW's Leviathian Purple wash. To tone down the glossiness of the wash I then finished it off with a drybrush of Mossy Green. At this point I'm not sure if the original green wash is contributing anything to the palate.

post-8244-0-02040900-1401205335_thumb.jpg

post-8244-0-83205900-1401205345_thumb.jpg

For the skeletons, my wife suggested a tarnished penny look. So I mixed some Meadow Green, Ancient Bronze and Redstone. The Redstone made it too red so I added a bit of Mossy green and a touch of brown. It looked ok but didn't really make them stand out so I hit them with the tarnished brass. Not the tarnished penny look but I like it, again it's a different direction.

post-8244-0-96787900-1401205378_thumb.jpg

post-8244-0-38109900-1401205403_thumb.jpg

For the base I layed down GW's Charadon Granite and followed it up with a drybrush of Noir Black. I intended to do a light drybrush of Maggot White but it came out too heavy so I did a light drybrush of Noir Black and another light drybrush of Maggot White. I think it made for a nice depth look.

post-8244-0-41436000-1401205410_thumb.jpg

post-8244-0-15396200-1401205429_thumb.jpg

post-8244-0-24183200-1401205446_thumb.jpg

My phone camera's flash makes it look like there is more white showing through then is really there but in the base photos you can get a better idea of the look.

• Like 16

So after doing some work on my Banshee, I added Alien Goo as a highlight to all the ridges. There are alot of ridges on this small fig.

post-8244-0-03227900-1401462661.jpg

post-8244-0-59031000-1401462668_thumb.jpg

Edited by nakos
  • Like 3

I think the flames look really good, but it might be an idea to use some thinned down brown wash and increase the contrast of the skeletons. Vallejo Smoke is good for this, but any other brown wash should do, too.