Reading Rainbow

ahayford

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

I'm not sure if anyone outside the U.S. knows this show, but it is a great educational show that helps kids get excited about reading. This KS is an effort to provide the materials online, free of charge, to children everywhere. Toss em a few bucks. :) Plus Levar Burton!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 16

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Reading Rainbow very fondly from my childhood (PBS was cool)

I am so going to back this, and not for a small amount either. I'm not sure what my budget will be, but for this, I can sacrifice getting a few minis and such in the short term.

• Like 15

I am going to show this to my mom. She had no trouble getting my sister and I to read, but we still watched the show sometimes. Usually only when there was no way to play outside and we found it interesting, just we were already reading at or above grade level.

I think she will want to back this as she strongly believes everyone should read. I plan to tell her tonight as I somehow missed it starting.

• Like 5

A sign of how many of us liked that show I guess and would love a way to promote literacy. I admit I thought it was a cool show and interested me more than some of the literacy shows today. I liked how it hyped up the adventure of being anything just by reading a book.

• Like 3