Reading Rainbow

ahayford

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think leVar is going to see a whole lot of money out of this, regardless. Which makes me want to back it all the more. I truly believe that everything that comes in is going to get sunk right back into making this available to as many people and schools as possible because he really does believe in it and care.

• Like 9

They are taking a non profit show and turning it into a for profit app? And only have year long subscriptions to their service for classrooms? It seems sort of skeevy.

" every single dollar pledged to this Kickstarter will go to the same two goals: put Reading Rainbow onto more platforms, and get Reading Rainbow into even more classrooms for free."

• Like 4

I'm kinda concerned about the project being sunk by the no charity clause Kickstarter has in it's policy. It's pretty vague.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines

I was wondering about that too, but it appears that the prohibition is against raising money for the sake of raising money.  Reading Rainbow has a project and a plan for the money raised, so it probably will not be a problem.  

• Like 3

They are producing a product (the app), it just so happens that some schools will get that product for free. I think they'll be ok. I also think there's bound to be at least one curmudgeonly git that reports it to kickstarter.

• Like 3

:blues:  

Gits reporting Reading Rainbow to KS for being a charity and gits complaining that LeVar is trying to make a profit from a non-profit for 'charging' for year long subsriptions to the app. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. And not just in the comments section of the KS but in the news too.