Reading Rainbow

ahayford

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to be hitting it's post-launch plateau. You know, that perfectly normal part of nearly every project where the dollars per day slows down to a steady but relatively small average compared to the initial frenzy.

I wonder how many people will scream doom and gloom because they do not understand that the current Kicktraq daily funding curve is in fact normal.

It appears to be hitting it's post-launch plateau. You know, that perfectly normal part of nearly every project where the dollars per day slows down to a steady but relatively small average compared to the initial frenzy.

I wonder how many people will scream doom and gloom because they do not understand that the current Kicktraq daily funding curve is in fact normal.

Precisely more people than I am willing to chance reading in the comments and why I have not ventured there.

• Like 2

Everyone yammers about how education is so vitally important, but NO ONE seems to think that we, as a society, should PAY for it. Politicians scream that they're putting too much money in as it is, can't afford it, can't afford it, while class sizes climb and special education programs scrabble by on whatever bones the district is willing to throw them.

There is a strong inverse correlation between education funding and rate of educational success. Our education system has significant problems, but funding is not at or near the top of the list.

And, since any more would probably throw this into Beekeepers, I'll stop here.

• Like 3

Everyone yammers about how education is so vitally important, but NO ONE seems to think that we, as a society, should PAY for it. Politicians scream that they're putting too much money in as it is, can't afford it, can't afford it, while class sizes climb and special education programs scrabble by on whatever bones the district is willing to throw them.

There is a strong inverse correlation between education funding and rate of educational success. Our education system has significant problems, but funding is not at or near the top of the list.

And, since any more would probably throw this into Beekeepers, I'll stop here.

Teacher salaries could be argued as an issue, but I would agree that the system is flawed. Good support for new teachers is a big part of it. Having a means for teachers to stay in the mindset of improving their craft is another. I will leave the more in depth discussion to those headed for Beekeepers.

The main point of this is having another resource for teachers (and students/parents) to draw upon in order to facilitate a love for learning. That is an idea I can get behind.

• Like 2

Anything can be argued, but I'm not interested in arguing it here. I've said what I intend to say about that issue.

None of which should be taken to say that this Kickstarter campaign is unworthy of support. I'm too old to have experienced it at first hand, but the number of people who have testified to their experience would seem to indicate that it was (and presumably will be) worthwhile.

• Like 3