Random Challenge: thread two

• Forum Mascot

Well, probably I can wait a while on Emden/Dresden.  It's mostly just Emden I want anyway, so maybe the re-release will dredge a few of the last issue singles back up to the aftermarket surface.  They were only scarce because of hoarding/gouging.  It's like the Excelsior I had so much trouble trying to find for a sane price - if Round 2 up and announced a repop of that tomorrow all the Excelsiors being hoarded would hit eBay for cheap.  So a re-release of Emden/Dresden is as good as a restock.

The shuttle with launch tower, that's a must have.  It's been like 30 years since that was available, so that's a priority.  Even if, due to its size and bulk, it may be years before I even get to building it. 

This does, however, coincide with my primary terraclips source being picked clean by other vultures, so I do have a breathing space while lining up an alternative source which frees up money to grab the shuttle.  I managed to get a lot of the Tclips stuff I needed from that oasis before other people found it, so that's a plus.  I got 4 sets of Buildings of Malifaux and like 600 of each clip type.  I only need a few more dungeonrise sets to bulk out my available bits and I'm done. 

• Like 6
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Dangerous combo Siri!

i'm making normal, legal brownies! Shame on you, Ub3r! And Cthulhu and Buddy'lhu are helping stir!

Sure... sure  :;):

Oh helping you make them or eat them?  :huh:

• Like 6

Dangerous combo Siri!

i'm making normal, legal brownies! Shame on you, Ub3r! And Cthulhu and Buddy'lhu are helping stir!

Sure... sure  :;):

Oh helping you make them or eat them?  :huh:

Psh! They're crazy if they think they get to have a piece. These brownies are to be divided thusly: Half for SIri, half for Siri's momma who is still recovering from knee surgery

• Like 13

Psh! They're crazy if they think they get to have a piece. These brownies are to be divided thusly: Half for SIri, half for Siri's momma who is still recovering from knee surgery

Well to be fair, brownies probably don't appeal to that kind of monster/god/thing...

• Like 9

I had to teach them how to hold the brush as Tori was going up to the metal thingy.

Are... are you not supposed to go up to the ferrule (metal thingy)? I always hold mine right up near the bristles. How do you get any control at all if you hold it further back?

Brushes can be held in a number of ways analagous to the way one holds a pencil. For minute precision work such as we do in miniature painting, holding the brush closer to the business end, by the ferrule, works best. A grip farther back gives more control for larger, flowing strokes.

I had some exacting teachers, but I cannot remember any of them telling us where we had to hold the brush.

I should clarify. She was getting paint up to there, which led to me teaching how to hold the brush to avoid that happening.

Perfectly sensible.

• Like 8