Random Challenge: thread two

Winter its going to be coldish and not so muggy.

Everyone will be walking round in Jeans & Jumpers & muttering about how cold it is.  If you are from anywhere that is even slightly cold you will be raising your eyebrows and wondering how 20oC (68F) is Jumper weather.

I tend to find that shorts weather in the spring (for me) starts about 20 degrees cooler than that -- on a calm day in the low 30s F I'll be in shorts. Subject to wind, I can get another 5 degrees or so when running (down to about 20F, but hat and gloves in the 40s).

Of course, I also never shifted from my windbreaker to a heavier coat this winter. There were only a couple days I considered it, but I wrapped my daughter in my winter coat instead (gloves for three-year-olds just aren't made for temps of 10-20 degrees below zero (before windchill)).

• Like 5
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On G+ painters group one of the guys was asking where to buy Reaper Triad paint sets from a European company online. Anyone know so I can relay the information? I invited him over here, but not sure if he'll create an account to ask the question. 

• Like 3

Now now... these were little and cute.

Obviously our spiders & snakes didn't make the cut.  Or our various other land mammals.  Or our other sea life....

No wonder Australia used to be a penal colony with all those dangerous critters.  :upside:

• Like 7

Some day we'll get to visit Australia, I'd also like to see New Zealand.

One of my cousins apparently goes back packing in New Zealand. It's a place I'd really like to go someday as well. (Australia too.)

• Like 5

Sometimes things amaze me.

I was looking up something yesterday (can't even remember what it was) and came across a list of the 6 most dangerous creatures that can fit in your boot....

3 of the list were from Australia.... Cone shell fish, box jelly fish and blue ring octopus....  they all look so very cute too!

RajaAmpat_39c_wm.jpg

conidae_conus_geographus_a.jpg

Jellyfish2.jpg

Not sure I'd call the Jellyfish cute. "Neat" maybe.

• Like 5