Random Challenge: thread two

Awesome is just...this thing, you know? Like, where everything's all amazing and epic and whatnot, and it makes everyone go "Woah...."  :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Nope. No dice. You've gotta come up with something truly awesome for 9000, or it doesn't count. It's in the rules.

Awesome has so many connotations. Awesome by your standards, awesome by LK's standards, awesome by Pingo's standards, etc etc etc. Let us get a baseline down for "awesome" so that I know what kind of post I should aim for.

You'll just have to please everyone. Should be easy. :devil:

I know just the thing! *steeples his fingers with a grin on his face*

• Like 6

I had to teach them how to hold the brush as Tori was going up to the metal thingy.

Are... are you not supposed to go up to the ferrule (metal thingy)? I always hold mine right up near the bristles. How do you get any control at all if you hold it further back?

Brushes can be held in a number of ways analagous to the way one holds a pencil. For minute precision work such as we do in miniature painting, holding the brush closer to the business end, by the ferrule, works best. A grip farther back gives more control for larger, flowing strokes.

I had some exacting teachers, but I cannot remember any of them telling us where we had to hold the brush.

I should clarify. She was getting paint up to there, which led to me teaching how to hold the brush to avoid that happening.

Perfectly sensible.

Yeah. I don't mind where they hold it. I just don't want paint at the ferrule. She is ignoring me though and complaining about how boring it is to paint minis as hers is too simple. So I asked her if she was through with the current one and she said no. SHe wanted to do more, but there is no more to do on it. I offered her a new one several times, but apparently she would rather complain than do anything.

So I might have to cut out the mini painting and have them do other things, but the other two really really enjoy it.

• Like 6

It's fun to me to see how many different convos go on in this thread, sometimes we all get talking about the same thing, other times we have 2-3 people talking about something completely different.

• Like 8

It's fun to me to see how many different convos go on in this thread, sometimes we all get talking about the same thing, other times we have 2-3 people talking about something completely different.

It's like a crowded cocktail party where you actually can keep track of all twenty conversations going at once instead of having to pick one and miss the others.
  • Like 12

It's like a crowded cocktail party where you actually can keep track of all twenty conversations going at once instead of having to pick one and miss the others.

That's actually a really good and insightful analogy, no wonder you are considered awesome.  :upside:

• Like 8

I got as high as 120 once.....but I actually, you know, subscribe to some of the threads I follow,so I tend to check my notifications for more than just 'who likes my awesomeness most'

I don't really subscribe to threads, if there's something I really like I'll bookmark it or remember who started it.

• Like 2