Random Challenge: thread two

Building castles out of paint pots, moldy pizza crust, and stanky shoes.

The last post I clearly recall from him today was about DDS2 and his wager with Bryan - that he was getting in shape for when it comes out and he has to paint the whole thing in a week.

So, maybe he's speed-painting various things (and/or people) around the neighborhood in order to get in practice...

• Like 9
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

It's fun to me to see how many different convos go on in this thread, sometimes we all get talking about the same thing, other times we have 2-3 people talking about something completely different.

It's like a crowded cocktail party where you actually can keep track of all twenty conversations going at once instead of having to pick one and miss the others.

CDMA phones use vector orthogonality to allow multiple telephones to talk at the same time on the same frequency and still have the base station pull each signal out of the hubbub. The usual analogy is the cocktail party conversation one.

the titanic, from Wikipedia, with it's flag as part of the White Star Line 

Wasn't familiar with the Titanic being part of that line, just knew it as the Titanic. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Ship names that end in -ic (Britannic, Tropic, Asiatic, Majestic, etc.) are nearly always White Star ships.

• Like 6

I thought knowing was half the battle, and the other half was red and blue lasers. :huh:

...that never actually hit anybody.
And yet things exploded anyway...

I see also you needed sex drugs (whatever those are), and not Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.  :bday:

It's "Eats, shoots, and leaves" all over again.

It's the difference between helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse and...
  • Like 11

I thought knowing was half the battle, and the other half was red and blue lasers. :huh:

...that never actually hit anybody.
And yet things exploded anyway...

Oh, they hit stuff all the time. The laser blast/missile was going slow enough to allow people to eject/get off of/escape from whatever was about to get blown up, though.

• Like 6

Nope. No dice. You've gotta come up with something truly awesome for 9000, or it doesn't count. It's in the rules.

Awesome has so many connotations. Awesome by your standards, awesome by LK's standards, awesome by Pingo's standards, etc etc etc. Let us get a baseline down for "awesome" so that I know what kind of post I should aim for.

Awesome means something neat that someone has put a lot of work into, something inspiring that sparks associations and ideas, something that opens the mind.

• Like 7

Nope. No dice. You've gotta come up with something truly awesome for 9000, or it doesn't count. It's in the rules.

Awesome has so many connotations. Awesome by your standards, awesome by LK's standards, awesome by Pingo's standards, etc etc etc. Let us get a baseline down for "awesome" so that I know what kind of post I should aim for.

Awesome means something neat that someone has put a lot of work into, something inspiring that sparks associations and ideas, something that opens the mind.

Like your boat  :;):

Ooo! 17 minutes before I get to go home for the day.

• Like 9

Why do I have a nagging feeling that it's a cocktail party on a White Star Line ship?

Not all of their voyages ended badly...

Unrelatedly, 1400. I am swimming slowly up into the Renaissance...

527. Some ... um, Byzantine stuff happened.

I got as high as 120 once.....but I actually, you know, subscribe to some of the threads I follow,so I tend to check my notifications for more than just 'who likes my awesomeness most'

I don't really subscribe to threads, if there's something I really like I'll bookmark it or remember who started it.

I check out all the threads. Not that I look at every one, but I look at what's been posted in.

The "View New Content" button is my friend.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 10

Why do I have a nagging feeling that it's a cocktail party on a White Star Line ship?

Not all of their voyages ended badly...

Unrelatedly, 1400. I am swimming slowly up into the Renaissance...

527. Some ... um, Byzantine stuff happened.

*lights a campfire, pulls up a log, and has a seat*

What kind of stuff Pingo?  :rock:

• Like 4

Matthias I Corvinus becomes king of Hungary.

Pope Pius II succeeds Pope Callixtus III as the 210th pope.

King Afonso V of Portugal conquers Alcácer Ceguer in North Africa.

Magdalen College, Oxford, is founded.

George of Podebrady becomes king of Bohemia.

Luis Cadamosto discovers the first Cape Verde Islands.

The Turks issue a decree to protect the Acropolis after they conquer Athens.

The Jewish community is expelled from Erfurt (Germany), their houses are sold and the synagogue turned into an arsenal.

...so, one could call this the beginning (or damned close to it) of the Age of Discovery. :B):

• Like 7