Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

It got disappeared? Huh, so it did. I didn't see anything I would personally consider worth mod-batting, and I was reading (and actively posting) right up until the end. The company rep posted a very lengthy post that I decided I didn't want to read just then, and then there were no more posts (I was subscribed) until it went away. Seemed like a civil, if slightly impassioned, discussion of their company and product. I suspect

Posting your KS on the Reaper site is one thing.  Selling your KS on here is commerce.

As one of the last posters in that thread, I was surprised to see it go as well. Things had gotten slightly contentious, but I thought good progress was being made. The poster from the project was rebutting the analysis of several posters, but I don't think that they were anywhere near the 'selling' line. My post had suggested that the KS project needed to be updated to express the arguments presented (since the claimed experience was not apparent).

I think that there is a good chance that some posts there could have been reported, and that might be enough to disappear/close the thread. (Certainly, where I moderate, the typical response in non-company subforums is to kill threads that generate complaints, especially when the senior moderators are at conventions or unavailable. It would have taken a lot of attention to sort that thread into useful and not, so throwing everything was a decent choice.)

[Note carefully: this is not intended as disagreement with the mods. That was a marginal thread and could have been redirected/closed a couple days ago or let run.]

• Like 4

The Fall of Cybertron has made it into the list of Ledendary, Epically awesome games for a single reason: on one of the autobot levels there's a lever you can pull. It becomes a minibot.

The minibot starts dancing.

The minibot does The Carlton.

I laughed so hard I cried. :lol:

• Like 12

68 likes (I check my likes all the time, so I see more the rate than the amount.)

68 AD:

• Like 8

you know when your on vacation and you get messages from your employees who miss you being there. and of course the one person i fight with the most at work messaged me and said it will be nice to have you back.

Edited by Exwilly
  • Like 9
  • Forum Mascot

I washed all of my dishes.

This marks the first time every dish has been clean at the same time, including the spoons, since 1999. 

Three were unrecoverable, and only elder gods know whatever was originally put onto it as food. 

I'm slowly debachelorizing... for no specific reason. 

This, however, does raise the perilous question of reaction from my friends - who may believe I am not who I claim.  Wash the dishes?  Yes, they could believe that.  They have seen that.  But the spoons?  Never!  Therefore I am an alien pod unit clone.

Which is not true.  This unit is as Hu-Mon as they are.

Hail Glyorbaxh!

***TRANSMISSION ENDS***

• Like 17

Only a half-hour to catch up this morning (and I hadn't checked in since yesterday morning). Not too shabby.

So far this week, science camp has done things like made their own tide pools, dissected a squid and then a sea star, discussed currents and quite a few other things. I am curious to find out what today has in store since it is the last day of ocean-related science.

• Like 14

The Mods with bats are at Origins and modding on the phone does not lend itself to subtlety.

We have indeed had this exact conversation.  Please keep the innuendo to reasonable levels.

Did I miss something?

• Like 2

The Mods with bats are at Origins and modding on the phone does not lend itself to subtlety.

We have indeed had this exact conversation.  Please keep the innuendo to reasonable levels.
Did I miss something?
I think it's a blanket "walk softly" caution. If they can't winnow out problem posts, they'll shut down the containing thread, at least until post-Origins.
  • Like 6

Did I miss something?

I think it's a blanket "walk softly" caution. If they can't winnow out problem posts, they'll shut down the containing thread, at least until post-Origins.

I meant that while that thread was problematic, I hadn't spotted innuendos.

• Like 2

I meant that while that thread was problematic, I hadn't spotted innuendos.

I don't recall any innuendoes either, I think Froggy is just cautioning us against our* usual shenanigans when the mods can't smooth it over in their usual fashion.

Not that I'm nominating myself as Speaker of Frogs, He Who Interprets The Croaks. :blues:

*Generic our.

• Like 9