Random Challenge: thread two

Chemically, all the organic bits have rotted away long ago. The silica shells remaining are technically inorganic. :upside:

Yeah, sure this post is from yesterday, but I need to get to the office, not catch up on posts! :P

One of the things that drives me crazy is this appropriation of a perfectly good word to mean something completely different. I mean, I've seen ads for organic salt. (And they meant NaCl, not something like lead acetate.)
Agreed, but then that is how language develops and changes.  Organic used to mean carbon based molecules usually with an association with life. Now, it also refers to crops grown without artificial chemicals and pesticides (which ironically are usually organically based using the original sense of the word). Languages are extremely fluid and change constantly.  Adapt or end up looking like the old guy screaming at the kids from your porch.  ::P:
Well the porch is pretty comfy. (The "organic" thing used to bother the heck out of me as well)
Still does me - I hate it when advertisers corrupt my language in order to create a percieved need for something I didn't know I needed and still don't.   ...Really I'm just replying here to add another layer of nested quotes.
Weren't you the one who hated nested quotes? ladystorm's pet peeve was imbedded youtube videos and yours was nested quotes?

Chemically, all the organic bits have rotted away long ago. The silica shells remaining are technically inorganic. :upside:Yeah, sure this post is from yesterday, but I need to get to the office, not catch up on posts! :P

One of the things that drives me crazy is this appropriation of a perfectly good word to mean something completely different. I mean, I've seen ads for organic salt. (And they meant NaCl, not something like lead acetate.)

Agreed, but then that is how language develops and changes. Organic used to mean carbon based molecules usually with an association with life. Now, it also refers to crops grown without artificial chemicals and pesticides (which ironically are usually organically based using the original sense of the word). Languages are extremely fluid and change constantly. Adapt or end up looking like the old guy screaming at the kids from your porch. ::P:

Well the porch is pretty comfy. (The "organic" thing used to bother the heck out of me as well)

Still does me - I hate it when advertisers corrupt my language in order to create a percieved need for something I didn't know I needed and still don't.

...Really I'm just replying here to add another layer of nested quotes.

I like nested quotes.

Me too

There are a lot of nests in these quotes... :unsure:

Like the mouse nest I found in my food bin yesterday...many layers.

Like an ogre!

Parfait!

...I think ogre would be more of a halohalo... :unsure:

Edit: Hey, guys! I found the nested quote limit! :lol:

BAHAHAHAHAAAA!

• Like 12
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Awwwww we reached the limit. :down:

<Deep_Soul_Searching_Confession>

Clowns really bother me and I don't know why; they just always have.  I'll go way out of my way to avoid clowns at fairs and the like.  EvilJames, your Avatar creeps me out enough that I probably don't read your posts or Like them as much as I would normally because I just have to get it off the screen. Sorry man, just can't handle clowns.

</Deep_Soul_Searching_Confession>

Well I did go out of my way to make the image creepier than it started out as (and it started out pretty sinister looking) but I can always change it if it bothers people. I'm here to have fun, I'm never here to ruin anyone else's fun.

• Like 10

Aren't you supposed to be setting a good example? (It errs out on me when I tried to quote that.)

Clowns really bother me and I don't know why; they just always have. I'll go way out of my way to avoid clowns at fairs and the like. EvilJames, your Avatar creeps me out enough that I probably don't read your posts or Like them as much as I would normally because I just have to get it off the screen. Sorry man, just can't handle clowns.

Well I did go out of my way to make the image creepier than it started out as (and it started out pretty sinister looking) but I can always change it if it bothers people. I'm here to have fun, I'm never here to ruin anyone else's fun.

No, you're fine, I'm getting good at mentally blocking it now. :poke:

(See, now that I have said that, I'm subconsciously going out of my way to read your posts and Like you if warranted. I'm weird that way. If anything bothers me I tend to try to face it head on until it doesn't. I used have a fear of spiders too, now I play with them.)

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 9

Clowns really bother me and I don't know why; they just always have.  I'll go way out of my way to avoid clowns at fairs and the like.  EvilJames, your Avatar creeps me out enough that I probably don't read your posts or Like them as much as I would normally because I just have to get it off the screen. Sorry man, just can't handle clowns.

No, you're fine, I'm getting good at mentally blocking it now.  :poke:

(See, now that I have said that, I'm going out of my way to read your posts and Like you if warranted.)

*Does a happy dance and honks his nose* Yay!

:huh: There is additional text in the quote that is not in the quoted post. Ah now I get it.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 9

No, you're fine, I'm getting good at mentally blocking it now.  :poke:

(See, now that I have said that, I'm going out of my way to read your posts and Like you if warranted.)

*Does a happy dance and honks his nose* Yay!

<shudder>

• Like 8

I remember when we had a bad mouse infestation a few years ago. At one point, I pulled open a drawer and it was literally packed with mice, seemed like thousands of the things came pouring out.

Been spending the afternoon tidying up my DVD collection, got 2 shelves done ...8 to go.

I may have too many DVD's.

• Like 8

I remember when we had a bad mouse infestation a few years ago. At one point, I pulled open a drawer and it was literally packed with mice, seemed like thousands of the things came pouring out.

Been spending the afternoon tidying up my DVD collection, got 2 shelves done ...8 to go.

I may have too many DVD's.

I know the feeling. I have one shelf and several stacks in front of the TV just waiting for the cat to knock them over. I need to get this place organized. :wow:

• Like 5

Just noticed I'm burning up my mobile data allowance faster than anticipated; nearly 2/3 through my monthly cap, with almost two weeks left before I deploy (coincidentally, when the cycle ends). Going to have to ration my internet browsing on the ship...

• Like 3

Just noticed I'm burning up my mobile data allowance faster than anticipated; nearly 2/3 through my monthly cap, with almost two weeks left before I deploy (coincidentally, when the cycle ends). Going to have to ration my internet browsing on the ship...

DISlike!
  • Like 9

DISlike!
Turned on Mobile view on my tablet, going to have to avoid other sites for a while. Should be okay.
  • Like 4