Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

And speaking of sealing--can I use just any old spray-on sealer for that?

not sure what you mean by any old spray on sealer... It also depends on what kind of use your minis are going to see.
  • Like 5

When was this thread on Giantitpg?

Looks like it was probably between 2009 and 2011, since that was when I was active on those forums.

I was very active between 2006 and 2008 after I broke up with a famous forum member. I just decided I'd let him have the place, since I didn't want to interact with him any more. 

That would've been about the time I was active, though it doesn't look like we interacted much.  I mostly posted in the homebrew and roleplaying forums, with Fax Celestis, Vorpal Tribble, and The Logic Ninja.

• Like 2

Does anyone else remember a point where their grandparents' generation became overly obsessed with the workings of their bowels and discussing it?

What is going to happen when today's over sharing, social media addicted kids reach that age?

• Like 7

Go thou and check in the Painting Tips & Advice room. Also the Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters room. I believe numerous people have experimented with various types of sealer. At the very least you can ask in there and are more likely to get a focused answer than here.

• Like 7

I just recieved my bag of bases... wow!  I'm definately doing that again.

31 x fantasy 25mm

15 x bone 25mm

2 x alien 25mm

1 x sci fi 25mm

2 x alien plant markers 25mm

16 x fantasy 30mm

1 x sci fi 30mm

6 x bone 40mm

3 x sci fi 40mm

4 x alien 40mm

13 x fantasy 40mm

3 x fantasy 80mm

1 x plain 120mm

1 x oval bones 120mm

1 x alien removable 25mm base from a display 80mm base

1 x broken column piece

2 x barricades

1 x random rectangle with either an E or 3 or M or W marked on it...

= 98 bases + 2 markers + 2 x barricades + 1 terrain piece decoration + 1 x random thing

Definitely beats out my haul (and I ordered two bags)! 

/jealous

Some interesting stuff in this (NSFW) list of creepy Victorian things , but several of them are misrepresented; #23 has nothing to do with vampires, IIRC, but is intended to prevent grave robbery.

Still creepy, mind you.

#11's typo is an odd one (kid should be kit): 11.) Early 19th century vampire hunting kid. 

Been spending the afternoon tidying up my DVD collection, got 2 shelves done ...8 to go.

I may have too many DVD's.

This is one of the things I use Evernote for.

Does anyone else remember a point where their grandparents' generation became overly obsessed with the workings of their bowels and discussing it?

What is going to happen when today's over sharing, social media addicted kids reach that age?

/shudders

• Like 3

rhubbarb upside down cake is yumminess 

Oh yum! Got a recipe?

not at the moment, but I can get it for you.

I'm also one of those people who many of my food distates are based on texture. Pears for example, I quite like the taste, but the texture just disgusts me

I look forward to seeing the recipe!

So sad about pears. They've been one of my favourite fruits since forever - my mum says strained pears was second only to strained peaches when I was a baby.  ^_^

Of course, they do have to be perfectly ripe - soft enough to eat all the way down to the stringy core but not so soft that they are mushy and tasteless.

• Like 9

Go thou and check in the Painting Tips & Advice room. Also the Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters room. I believe numerous people have experimented with various types of sealer. At the very least you can ask in there and are more likely to get a focused answer than here.

What Pingo said.

The participants of this thread typically have the attention span of a gnat and are easily distrac... Wait... Did someone see a gnat? I missed it. Where is it?

Speaking of gnats, here's a picture of a cat.

photo_zps2c0d7814.png

• Like 12

Speaking of my bowels, man...

...I can't believe you actually clicked this. :unsure:

• Like 12

I take that back about the rain; I've felt a few sprinkles here and there, and there's some lovely bluish clouds moving in.  :bday:

Mixed news from the mechanic. Basically, it will not fall apart or stop being able to steer in the next 6 months, which is about our timeline for acquiring a new vehicle. However, the brakes, which I thought only needed new brake pads, actually need new rotors too. Since braking is kinda sorta important, there goes $260.  :unsure: But at least it's nowhere near what I was afraid it was gonna be. The poor Carmobile is really nearing the end of it's useful lifetime, so we're just trying to hold it together until we're secure enough financially to get a new car.

Neither of us have been car shopping before. We still haven't decided which of us will play the "excited over all the neat things each car can do" role and which will play the "frugal holder of the wallet."  ::D: I'm probably gonna end up being the former, lol, since I'm generally a lot more squeeful than Mr. Boot.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

I don't think I want to click on that...

But I also wouldn't want to miss the cause of Last Knights banning...

What to do. What to do.

Pretty sure discussing my digestives isn't cause for banning. :upside:

Mmmm... digestives... 512oghNow3L._SY300_.jpg

• Like 9

Neither of us have been car shopping before. We still haven't decided which of us will play the "excited over all the neat things each car can do" role and which will play the "frugal holder of the wallet."  ::D: I'm probably gonna end up being the former, lol, since I'm generally a lot more squeeful than Mr. Boot.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I find that it helps to be aware of a few things:

• They really want to sell you a car, and the longer you are there, the more invested they are in selling you a car. This can work to increase negotiating pressure in your favor. The converse is that the longer you are there, the more invested you are in buying a car. They absolutely know this and will use it against you.
  • If you know the real value of a car going in (which isn't that difficult with KBB) and are willing to stick to that and walk away if they won't work with you, you'll get a better price.
  • Internet purchase (actually internet pre-negotiation) can work really well.
  • There is always another dealer. They know it but would prefer that you didn't think about it. Play dealers off against each other.
  • You have no obligation to pay a "stocking fee" or any other random charge they want to add at the last minute. It's just a way to increase the price above the agreed upon deal.
  • Most important: They are playing a game to which they know all the rules and most of the plays. Don't be embarrassed to use absolutely every trick in the book against them, too: Let them talk about financing, then pull out cash at closing (or a pre-approved loan at a better rate); flash a wad of cash to get the salesman's attention; give them the check to "prove you're serious" then make them give it back the first time the negotiation stalls; threaten to walk out if the salesman keeps walking out to get "manager's approval"; anything you can think of.

They're out to take as much of your money as they can. It's just fine for you to be out to give them as little as possible. 

• Like 9