Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Although that would surely be something to see... :upside:

Video would be great!! Especially if he puts on the appropriate costume first.

Sorry to hear about the party problems, Buglips. I've had some of the same issues over the years, and it can be a huge PITA. Whenever I GM, I have two basic rules; 1--all characters are approved by me, and 2--no evil characters (kind of ties in w/ #1 as well). The most successful group we had, which only broke up due to my being assigned to a different duty station, ran for about 3 years of playing approximately twice a month. That group had a very interesting feature--if you were a d-bag, you got asked not to return. Shocked the hell out of me the first time it happened; everyone was really mellow and non confrontational in real life. I guess that d-bag player #1 just pushed all the right (wrong) buttons, and everyone else was just like 'That's it, you're done'.

Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble here...

I hope that everything works out for you in the most positive fashion possible. Of course it's totally up to you, but if worst come to worst, may I humbly suggest a gaming hiatus instead of an outright boycott for life?

• Like 7

That has ever been a problem. I wish you the best of luck in finding a like minded group.

Doesn't exist.  I have finally learned this now. 

I've also noticed that most of these problem characters issue from freeloader players who never buy anything, and most of the people who pay for everything are the ones being considerate and cooperative.  Maybe it's a factor of investment.

If I ever try to get a group together again, I'm going to charge admission.  See if that works.  :upside:

I'm sorry to hear about your group woes, Buglips. I have seen that kind of thing happen to many groups in the past, but my home group has nearly always been fully cooperative on the big things. Intra-party drama has happened, but, in 20 years of gaming, I am aware of only one incident where a party member was killed by his fellows in our group. Most of our parties have also been on the heroic side. (not all)

I wish you luck in working things out and finding a like-minded group of gamers.

Said CN fighter is so throwaway his name is literally "Just Some Guy".   (I would have at least called him Janeric, Fighter) 

I am totally stealing "Janeric" for a throw-away convention character or PFS stand-in. ::D:

• Like 6

Default in our group are: SWHYNBN and HWHYNBN (pronounced more like Schwinbin and Hwinbin).

(She who had yet not been named and her male counterpart He who has yet not been named). 

This has 99% of the time been my wife's female character. I can only recall the male name placeholder being used one time.

• Like 5

Somebody need a name? Give them a Casketworks. I named 80% of my last campaign NPCs like that.

Now that is a great idea. It is so simple. So elegant. It even is decent product placement and marketing. Well done, sir.

• Like 7
  • Forum Mascot

Somebody need a name? Give them a Casketworks. I named 80% of my last campaign NPCs like that.

Now that is a great idea. It is so simple. So elegant. It even is decent product placement and marketing. Well done, sir.

I have devoted ridiculous amounts of time and pitter-patter to figuring out how to introduce Reaper products at every opportunity.

• Like 14

I plan on doing this with many of the NPCs in my current game, although it hadn't come up yet. ::D:
  • Like 7

Venting here may prevent venting later.  Lest I instead reach critical mass and football kick tiny town like some hulk/godzilla psycho mash-up. 

so your going to attack an ant colony again  :grr:

• Like 5

GMs can put their foot down and not let that happen. They can even wind things back if need be. Players do not control the worlds.

This. Retcon works pretty well, IMO.

As a writer, think of it as editing out that piece that you wrote when you were trying to get past writer's block. Just because you wrote it once doesn't mean it has to stay there forever.

• Like 6

I think my wife thinks I'm ignoring her to play with miniatures. :upside:::(:

Entice her into the hobby.  Mouselings seem to be a good gateway drug for most women and kids.  Then you can spend time with her and with minis.

The Bones young fire dragon is also a hit with the missus here. She bought me two for Father's day, but somehow the box only included one....Seems the other has found its way into her purse.

• Like 10