Random Challenge: thread two

Kid #2 is down for the count. We now have two children vomiting at irregular intervals. We cancelled the little ones first birthday party. My daughter insists that I cuddle with her on the couch and watch My Little Pony reruns. I am rather bored of the show already. Maybe she will let me paint and sit near her...

• Like 2
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

I ran out of Kickstarter money for a while.

Instead I am actually spending time painting and learning to pin/base minis. (I would love tips. Check my sig for my WIP)

I'm hording what will possibly be the last of my kickstarter funds for the year for either Tre's new KS or Twisted Games 

• Like 4

Have just seen off the last of the relatives from the big family birthday and high school graduation party for our eldest.

Youngest nephew is 10 months old, very charming and well-behaved.

A pleasant time was had by all. The tongue was well-received.

• Like 10

Its 3.40am now.  I'm just back from a 12 hour gaming session!  Lots of fun and heart searching.

One party member (a berserker) died.  Pity he had an axe that was sentient and hated drow... and could control him when he went berserk.  And attacked the non evil half drow bard.... who since this was just after the dragon was killed was still on an adrenalin rush and defended themselves in a lethal manner (not difficult since the berserkers was already on -3 hit points).

So... a party member is dead and my cleric of Tyr (god of justice) and the crusader are trying to determine if a) there is a possibility of resurrection & b) if he is worthy of it... (In time, money, quests etc) as it is a very big thing in our 2nd ed game to get resurrection (very few can even cast it - has to be very very high level)

so...

Speak with dead was used... by my cleric.

Question 1: was your death a just death....  The answer to this one by the dead berserker (RP'd by the player) was yes...

Sooo that immediately meant no attempt at resurrection (since his death was just)

Question 2: Who is your god (to hopefully fix his attention to his god and help him find his way in death to him/her)

Sorry about your player issues Buglips....

I haven't had that... but we tend to be fairly strict on our players what can and can't happen.  This berserker thing was the worst to happen for a long time (he went off and attacked at random party members when enraged).  Its actually good that he's dead... means we don't need to watch our backs... so... hes all freshened up (cantrip - keeps things fresh for up to 1 year) and wrapped nicely with the right words said... he'll be brought back for proper burial once this quest is over.....

Well, barbarians are dumb. Being mind controlled by a sentient weapon would definitely count as an unjust death by most deity standards. In a campaign like that I'd probably allow the resurrection, but demand the weapon as a tribute/sacrifice and to avoid it happening again.

• Like 6

Talae sorry to hear about your kids being sick.  :down:  Hopefully your little ones will allow you to give them company and comfort while you do a bit more than watch My Little Pony (I'm sure for the umpthith time.)

---

I finally got to do something not work related (Besides eating dinner w/ my husband) for the first time in weeks!

So I tried to sculpt a person. Yeah I know.. sculpting... it's like riding a bike... or was it more like bungee jumping without a cord? But which ever it is... It's been over 15 years since I've tried to sculpt a human figure... Yes yes, I've gotten a much, much, much better understanding of anatomy, but still it might be a little... rushed trying to jump right into a human figure again, especially with an unfamiliar medium.

Here is the hunk of mess I came up with:

IMG_1547.jpg

Which looks slightly more like a human than like poop.  :blush:

So getting frustrated w/ the material I decided to redo the wire armature so my fat little fingers weren't warping bits that I had already worked on. 

But that left me with a lot of extra green stuff that I didn't want to go to waste.... So not looking to rush things, and make something simple... I made a pillow:

IMG_1546.jpg

At least it's a relaxing subject!!

Working with the greenstuff isn't like what I am used to... I don't seem to be able to cut or push the same sort of planes that I am used to with clay and other material. 

I guess that only leaves one course of action... I must get me to the Tutorials!!!  :lol:

But it does leave me with the question.... Why Green stuff? Why not clay? is it because after the first cast, clay sculptures are destroyed?

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 10

Have just seen off the last of the relatives from the big family birthday and high school graduation party for our eldest.

so what type of tongue

• Like 2

so what type of tongue

Beef tongue, 4 pounds, brined in salt, sugar, and spices for a week, boiled with vegetables, cooled, peeled, and sliced very thin, served heated up on homemade seeded rye bread.

• Like 7

In fairness Associate Bachelor Master Hunter, Esquire, you're expected to Do Stuff. The vast majority of my job right now consists of:

a. Be Present

b. Be Awake

The minority presumably including defending the gangplank from charging natives. Which I would suspect is less of a problem in the Tidewater than in Somalia.

• Like 10

so what type of tongue

Beef tongue, 4 pounds, brined in salt, sugar, and spices for a week, boiled with vegetables, cooled, peeled, and sliced very thin, served heated up on homemade seeded rye bread.

sounds delicious

:devil:

• Like 4