Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

My wife is on a cleaning tirade. I don't blame her, but am finding it difficult to stay focused on anything quite that productive. I based another mini instead.

• Like 7

it's the second part that worries me, with only an 8 hour changeover between shifts, I would be hard pressed do 'B' even with an infinite coffee supply.

It is not easy, especially when your hours keep changing around. Two days ago, I was sleeping from 0400-1300, working 16-mid. Then I'm working 08-16, sleeping hours disrupted. Settle into a daylight schedule... now I'm going to midnight.

It really plays hell on your body clock.

This is the part of being in the Navy that I don't miss. Especially since our 'off' time wasn't guaranteed; fire drills, broken gear, flight ops, manning weapons stations in high risk areas, or preparing for VBSS (visit, board, search, and seizure) operations all cut into my 'sleep' time with great regularity. It's why I developed the ability to sleep anywhere, anytime. It was a valuable survival skill. Got a half an hour till the next helo landing? Time for a nap; you don't know when you'll get the chance again.

• Like 10

Brought Spawn Number One (not actually mine, the rent-a-family's) to the Paint Day, which was unfortunately just me and the Spawn since everybody else has a life, lol. Aard was supposed to be there, but never showed (not sure what happened there).

He had a gift certificate for the FLGS so I threw in the rest of the money for the LTPK 1, then we went to see Maleficent after that.

Good movie, very pretty. I picked up 60120 Alicavniss Vonnarc, gonna make a good Maleficent with some surgery and some wings. Anybody know some good wings for her?

• Like 6

Its 3.40am now.  I'm just back from a 12 hour gaming session!  Lots of fun and heart searching.

One party member (a berserker) died.  Pity he had an axe that was sentient and hated drow... and could control him when he went berserk.  And attacked the non evil half drow bard.... who since this was just after the dragon was killed was still on an adrenalin rush and defended themselves in a lethal manner (not difficult since the berserkers was already on -3 hit points).

So... a party member is dead and my cleric of Tyr (god of justice) and the crusader are trying to determine if a) there is a possibility of resurrection & b) if he is worthy of it... (In time, money, quests etc) as it is a very big thing in our 2nd ed game to get resurrection (very few can even cast it - has to be very very high level)

so...

Speak with dead was used... by my cleric.

Question 1: was your death a just death....  The answer to this one by the dead berserker (RP'd by the player) was yes...

Sooo that immediately meant no attempt at resurrection (since his death was just)

Question 2: Who is your god (to hopefully fix his attention to his god and help him find his way in death to him/her)

Sorry about your player issues Buglips....

I haven't had that... but we tend to be fairly strict on our players what can and can't happen.  This berserker thing was the worst to happen for a long time (he went off and attacked at random party members when enraged).  Its actually good that he's dead... means we don't need to watch our backs... so... hes all freshened up (cantrip - keeps things fresh for up to 1 year) and wrapped nicely with the right words said... he'll be brought back for proper burial once this quest is over.....

Well, barbarians are dumb. Being mind controlled by a sentient weapon would definitely count as an unjust death by most deity standards. In a campaign like that I'd probably allow the resurrection, but demand the weapon as a tribute/sacrifice and to avoid it happening again.

Yes & no....

He wasn't a barbarian.. but a civilized dwarf with a berserker bloodline who'd inherited it.

But the problem was even without the axe he'd tried to kill party members when enraged after battle (it takes 5 rounds to cool off apparently after the last enemy is dead).

The actual question asked was: Do you believe your death was Just.  I was a specialty priest of Tyr and the Crusader was of Thorm.  That answer was vitally important to us...

The only way to resurrect would be to take him to town.  We could get there in time ... just... if we pushed the horses, however 3 of the horses got eaten by the dragon.

ED: incidentally... no one in the party is really sorry that he is out of the party... he was definitely a threat... but......

Edited by kay13
  • Like 3

Well, I bought another set of rolling storage drawers.

It was too good of a deal, only $2 above what I last paid and 3 drawers more than the last set I bought. Plus... I needed more mini storage. :wacko:

So yep. It's official.

I'm now a collector of storage drawers. :blink:

• Like 12

You still haven't shown us your drawers Drasc. :lol: 

Inquiring organizers want to know.

Since you've asked so nicely... and no-one else has lately...

photo_zps4bdad974.jpg

The one on the left is the new one and only cost $2 more than the one on the right.

( I have 3 of the silver and another that is smaller yet)

• Like 7

I bought two pounds of Super Sculpey today! And an extruder! And a magnifier lamp thingy! And flock! And paint! And washes! And brushes!

But no minis and all from Hobby Lobby, except the washes. My FLGS is all Warhammer and Horde. Absolutely zero Reaper products. Not my scene at all, unfortunately. It's depressing.

• Like 8

Well... I'm awake. :mellow:

I have an entire pot of coffee, twoone brownies, and a PBP to update to keep me company on the gangway here for the next two hours.

Also, finished In Thunder Forged - the first Warmachine novel - on the day watch, I'm about halfway or 3/4 through the anthology Called To Battle, and I'll probably do another one after i finish this. If Argentee is still curious. ^_^

• Like 6