Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Why is it every one who plays Chaotic Evil believes that it's a license to be the biggest self centered douche.

Without sending this post to Bee Keepers, I can think of some historical leaders who were chaotic evil, without them running around stealing like a klepto, killing every surrounding thing like a hurricane, or being completely self centered.

Even as chaotic, people make friends, have relationships. have people they would or would not steal from... or maybe steal, but not kill and etc. It doesn't mean you are going to be the biggest degenerate arse you can be... look serial killers are the most anti-social (Ie chaotic because they break the social laws for their own ends) as you can get, and they try very hard to be likable. They may kill repeatedly, but they don't walk into every store, and steal everything not nailed down, set fire to every structure as soon as 5 minutes pass without them killing something, and be a general loud mouth idiot every time they open their mouths... which is exactly how I've seen almost every chaotic evil character played.

I mean... srsly?

:rolleyes:

Yeah the kid kept saying he'd walk up and stab us or like the Mr was mind controlled by a creature, and we pretty much only had to either kill the creature, he had to pass a will save or we get the Mr away from the creature. The kids like "I'll just shoot a poison confusion arrow at him" I ask how long it lasts and he says an hour. Then I had to explain that we didn't have anything or a person that can heal or treat that and he'll be completely useless to us for the next hour. Mr Melons is one of the big damage dealers of our group. 

Now for me, as Chaotic Neutral, I steal (Never from other players) /search for everything in the room, thus why I am loaded, but I am also the 'treasure holder' because I'm a klepto. BUT I will split the majority of the gold/findings with the group and I might secret away one or two really nice/expensive things for myself. My rule is that I always heal women, I won't kill a mind controlled woman (This came up and the group dang near killed her. Turned out she played a major part to the plot). My half orc has a thing for the ladies, anyways....yeah, the kid was a meanie. I think right now our money pot is 7,000gp to be split 5 ways. Since its 5e, money is incredibly worthless anyway so magic items have been agreed upon by the usefulness of the player. One guy does the most damage out of all of us so we let him have two magic weapons, the Mr does the next large amount and has a magic weapon, a magic staff dropped that went to a mage, the cleric has a hammer, I got a cloak at one point that makes stealing easier and now I have a bow so I can actually be useful. (We've fought a lot of stuff that needs to take magic damage) 

• Like 9

I am not one that gets hung up on edition wars. I find each system to have their merits. We have been playing 4e since release, but have also played a number of systems along the way. Dungeon World sticks out as a favorite for some around here even if it has been over a year (I think) since we played it.

• Like 7

Just got home from the fondue restaurant with Mom. Ate too much, paid too much, but mom says she had a lovely time which is what I wanted. :wub:

This is how you know you've done fondue correctly, in my experience.  ^_^   (As long as you're not doing it all the time.)  I'm glad it went well, and I hope your cousin recovers quickly and easily. 

Today hubby & I started filling out a questionnaire for the legal person who's supposed to write up a will for us.  Very strange experience, and one that is probably long, long overdue. 

• Like 12

Carp! :down:

Had to work the late shift tonight.

Forgot all about today being the Red Dwarf Marathon on PBS.

Only caught the last episode and a half by the time I got home and turned on the TV.

Carp! :down:

• Like 5

For some reason Sir Mix-a-lot's "I like big butts" is running through my head now.

Dang you! Now it's running through MY head!  :grr:

It's a small world, after all.

And now I have two incompatible songs runnng back and forth through my head.

First it's the one then it's the other then its back again...

Thanks. :grr:

• Like 11

For some reason Sir Mix-a-lot's "I like big butts" is running through my head now.

Dang you! Now it's running through MY head!  :grr:

It's a small world, after all.

And now I have two incompatible songs runnng back and forth through my head.

First it's the one then it's the other then its back again...

Thanks. :grr:

What an odd ride at Disneyland that would be...

• Like 11

Looks like Rosemary & Co is doing another brush giveaway. It's a variety pack, so I don't know how well it'll work for we that paint minis, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Our beautiful Rosemary handmade watercolour brushes any artist would dream to own. This variety set consists of the Kolinsky Sable, the Pure Squirrel Hair brush, the Pure Red Sable Series and there will be a few surprises too! Within this prize giveaway there are several of our most popular watercolour ranges. The Kolinsky Sable is the best hair available for the manufacture of artists’ brushes due to being conical in shape, strong in character with a long tapered point and thick belly. The excellent snap and spring together with the immense liquid holding capacity make them a first choice for watercolorists. Pure Red Sable is ideal for watercolour and oil (the latter usually being preferred of the longer handle). The natural characteristics of the hair offer a good ‘belly’ allowing liquid holding capacity greater than for example Nylon. The Pure Squirrel Hair range point well, but unlike Kolinsky Sable and the Pure Red Sable, has very little ‘snap’. The Russian Squirrel hair I use is superior in quality to Canadian and fashions a more professional brush. This set will include these ranges and a few other little surprises to compliment the sets. We are a small family business who have been making brushes for over 30 years and it is our pleasure to give this set away!

10173572_10152482279729061_2686644250965

Strangely for a UK company, this is open to US residents only... :rock:
  • Like 6