Random Challenge: thread two

Trying to find a place to rent, as my wife will be teaching for the next year an hour away and I'll be traveling and we're selling our house but oh my gosh the market, what market?, and this is frustrating. I need a big city!

• Like 7
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

You're above average overall, and in a group that has consistently rated above average you're in the upper percentile. You've got nothin' to be frowny face about, Mrs. M. ::): 

I am up at 4:00 in the morning to take my parents to the airport. Yuck. We are house sitting for them while they are gone. Double yuck. They are paying us, though. So, bonus!

Also, yay for Kord!

Should have an Open/Group WIP up by the time you wake up for the parent-travel. :B): I've got the skin basecoated and roughly shaded/highlighted, and the cloth and fur basecoated thus far. He's not an easy one, but I'm just going for table-top so I'm refusing to stress over all his leather dangles and bits. ::D:
  • Like 10

:

I am up at 4:00 in the morning to take my parents to the airport. Yuck. We are house sitting for them while they are gone. Double yuck. They are paying us, though. So, bonus!

Also, yay for Kord!

Should have an Open/Group WIP up by the time you wake up for the parent-travel. :B): I've got the skin basecoated and roughly shaded/highlighted, and the cloth and fur basecoated thus far. He's not an easy one, but I'm just going for table-top so I'm refusing to stress over all his leather dangles and bits. ::D:
Sounds good, except for the part about you not doing the difficult parts. I need that to do mine right. Lol
  • Like 5

You've got nothing to be :( over, Mrs Melons. You're above the US average! I tend to read 2 - 4 books during an average work week. Double that on vacation. One lovely summer break during college I read through all of Louis L'Amour's westerns at the rate of 3 to 6 a day.

On the other hand my physical coordination is a joke. I can trip over a painted line. I fell off a two inch high porch and broke my arm. I routinely end up with bruises that I have no memory of acquiring because I'm always bumping into things. My husband refuses to be in the kitchen if I have a knife in my hand because it cuts the number of potential stabbing victims in half.

So of course my hobbies include gourmet cooking, origami, miniature painting, and other things equally frustrating.

• Like 16

@Argentee, I bruise similarly.  I'm trying vitamin C supplements again, they seemed to help with bruising when I was on an Emergen-C kick during cold season.  Since I can't eat a lot of fruits, it would be highly logical that I'm deficient. 

I'm afraid to take the vocab test, I've been at home with small children for 12 years now, and I know that a lot of my grown-up knowledge is fuzzy.  I do, however, know how to get chocolate ice cream stains out of white fabric, and I can buy groceries for 6 for a week in under 45 minutes.  Not that impressive to most people, though.  :P

• Like 13

Ahhh, I'm tired, but I still have to plan tomorrow's math lesson. The students want fun and games. Booo to them. Can't they just listen to lectures and watch videos like the old days? When did teachers become entertainers? (kidding mostly, I just don't want to plan, lol)

• Like 9

Ahh summer school. I took a summer class once while in high school. I think it was the first and last time I've ever come across a racial issue. It was an economics class in which the teacher flunked me on nearly every assignment for various little things. Not really flunked, but you can only get so many Cs and Ds and Fs on things. Anyways, he never accepted meetings for me or my parents to discuss my grades with him, never let me do any extra work, didn't matter how much reading I did. (His classes grading system was like 50% were papers, 20% were tests/quizes, 20% were group assignments, and 10% was attendance) Didn't matter how much I studied and did great on group assignments and tests. 

Took my summer school class, made nearly a perfect score in the class. @[email protected] Given, summer classes are pretty easy, but it made me feel better knowing that I wasn't stupid. 

I mean....can you imagine how insane you can feel taking AP courses, honors classes, and taking a normal economics class that you can't pass?! 

Anyways, good luck with your class!! Math is awesome ^_^ Love Math. 

• Like 9

Maths and sciences are my top faves. They're my show off classes. I probably could have achieved more things had I focused on those two things.

I am terrible with maths... and those sciences that depend on them (i.e., most of them). :down:

On the other hand, I rock some wording. :blues:

• Like 10