Random Challenge: thread two

Every time I see Froggy's new avatar I hear "Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gal!" In my head. This pleases me.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  :lol:

we're close enough to Microsoft that I'm 99% sure we'd get the money back when we sold the house, if not more. 

Oh! I didn't know we were that close! (relatively speaking) Greetings from the Tri-Cities, 4 hours east of you! *waves*  ::D:

Cousin is out of surgery. Still waiting for the doctor to tell us if it is cancer. :down:

Hugs and best wishes for you and your cousin. *fingers crossed that it's not cancer*

It's the only mini I ever painted and used in-game.

[awesome picture snipped]

Nooooooooooo doooooooooooon't!!!!!  ::(: Can't you buy another of the same figure and then paint that one up? That's your very first mini you painted! And it's seen game use! It's got a soul, now, and stories of its own. Stripping it would be so very sad. At least to me.  :down:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 11
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

@Uber, are you actually going outside much in this weather? (Your temps are actually higher than ours here in Phoenix this week). I was working outside today, but had to throw in the towel at eleven. It was already way too hot...and I don't want to die.

Heck no! Air conditioned house, air conditioned car, and air conditioned work building. I don't go outside in temps over 110 unless I have to, that eye in the sky burnssssssssss usssssss it burnsssssssss!

The downside: make a 8' long skid mark while running thanks to the mud on a hill.

[comment redacted]

• Like 8

@Uber, are you actually going outside much in this weather? (Your temps are actually higher than ours here in Phoenix this week). I was working outside today, but had to throw in the towel at eleven. It was already way too hot...and I don't want to die.

Well, I suppose if you can't come up with a good reason ....

^_^

Soooooo. I had one last batch of old painted minis to strip. A couple of Dragon-of-the-Month dragons (which I <3 so very, very much, but anyway) and four small figures. Decided to go ahead and knock them out and plopped them into the SImple Green . . . and I decided to strip the very first mini I painted ten years ago. I thought about not, but it's a lovely Garrity-sculpted rogue, poorly painted, and I hate to leave it like that. It's the only mini I ever painted and used in-game. So I must. I feel. So, yeah. I'll share a picture. We all can have a laugh.

It's better than you think (and far better than some of my early figures). It can be useful to keep some of the early stuff around as a reminder of progress.

But I have sympathy for wanting to strip it, too. Some of my older stuff makes me shudder.

• Like 7

Let's see, the temperature here is... 76*F.  ^_^

:mellow:

Oh, you meant the temperature outside? I don't go out there unless I have a darn good reason to.

i-dont-want-to-get-up.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

Interesting that everyone is talking about the weather.

Oslo this afternoon IS A MESS.

I just looked at the Dagbladet (daily news)... and it had the following:

UVÆR: Ekstreme nedbørsmengder og lyn i Oslo (Bad weather:  Extreme Downpours and lightning).

It appears that the city started off with some rain, then some hail, then some snow, then heavy rains and lightning.

There is snow and ice everywhere, the roads are flooded, and the train station is oslo is flooded !

If anyone wants to see photos go to www.dagbladet.no and just looks for flooded photos.

• Like 8

It is sunny and in the high 70's here. July and August tend to be when it gets really hot which is why I like to escape to my parents place in Idaho during the summer. Too bad this year I won't be there until late September.

• Like 4

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

That's awesome news!  :bday:

ETA:

So I don't double post. Look at that? I have 8888 posts! To infinity and beyond!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7

Interesting that everyone is talking about the weather.

Oslo this afternoon IS A MESS.

I just looked at the Dagbladet (daily news)... and it had the following:

UVÆR: Ekstreme nedbørsmengder og lyn i Oslo (Bad weather:  Extreme Downpours and lightning).

It appears that the city started off with some rain, then some hail, then some snow, then heavy rains and lightning.

There is snow and ice everywhere, the roads are flooded, and the train station is oslo is flooded !

If anyone wants to see photos go to www.dagbladet.no and just looks for flooded photos.

Jeepers creepers! What the heck?

It's been cloudy and cool with patchy dense fog here, around 20oC. Kind of my idea of perfect weather, actually, but mighty rare around here in late June.

• Like 5

Anybody else think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit while stripping miniatures? 

Ummm, no.

So you claim that your nickname is not Judge Doom?  And that you don't have barrels of something called 'Dip' in your basement?  Do you really expect us not to believe the word of your associates Weasel #1 and Weasel #2?  They've given you up Doom!  Confess!

• Like 8