Random Challenge: thread two

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Good morning peoples!

Its a good morning nice and light!  I of course am largely still asleep and sucking down caffeine like its going out of fashion.

• Like 6

Have I become an overly sarcastic jerk lately?  Seriously.  If I suddenly become an 4ss y'all can just say so and it won't hurt my feelings.

Not that I've seen too much of. I mean there was one post in a different thread that you made (can't even remember what it was now) that kind of caught me off guard, not sure if you were joking, being sarcastic, or serious. Sometimes text comes across very blunt and it's hard to tell the true meaning behind what people are saying other than seeing it at face value.

• Like 3

Have I become an overly sarcastic jerk lately?  Seriously.  If I suddenly become an 4ss y'all can just say so and it won't hurt my feelings.

Not that I've seen too much of. I mean there was one post in a different thread that you made (can't even remember what it was now) that kind of caught me off guard, not sure if you were joking, being sarcastic, or serious. Sometimes text comes across very blunt and it's hard to tell the true meaning behind what people are saying other than seeing it at face value.

Exactly.  I really appreciated the trend of using text color to indicate inflection as it can help avoid misunderstandings.

What brought that on?

I think I might be getting sensitive in my old age.  That being said one of my wife's kids told me I've become a "knowitall confrontational a-hole" over the summer.  I pointed out she was talking about herself then explaind why.  I finished with the excuse that I'd binge watched Sherlock.  :devil:

• Like 8

Poop. Time to get up and shower and go to work. Not that I don't want to... I'm looking forward to the challenge set out for the evening. (Last night was rough, tonight is statistically unlikely to be as bad so that's not keeping me in bed)

But here in bed is snugly, and I have a kitty, and friends to chat with... I do wanna move!

:down: guess I have to.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 7

Exactly.  I really appreciated the trend of using text color to indicate inflection as it can help avoid misunderstandings.

Continue the trend of different colored text if you are being sarcastic  :upside:

Poop. Time to get up and shower and go to work. Not that I don't want to... I'm looking forward to the challenge set out for the evening.

But here in bed is snugly, and I have a kitty, and friends to chat with... I do wanna move!

:down: guess I have to. Tonight is statistically unlikely to be as bad as yesterday.

Or I just need to learn the ways of the punt.

Sympathy like for having to get out of bed!

• Like 4

What brought that on?

I think I might be getting sensitive in my old age.  That being said one of my wife's kids told me I've become a "knowitall confrontational a-hole" over the summer.  I pointed out she was talking about herself then explaind why.  I finished with the excuse that I'd binge watched Sherlock.  :devil:

Not that I am a pro in this field, however.. I will quote from my son about 13 years ago.

"Jason, you know, it is absolutely AMAZING "

When I turned 21 thru 24, I couldn't get over how smart you became...

It was astonishing how all of a sudden, You made sense ".

If the fedora fits, use it to shield you from the heat !

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 6

Read the start of Thes' post as her telling us it was Poop time and thought to myself that we were all getting a bit too familiar here.

Sharing that we're going for a coffee or dinner is one thing, but...

• Like 11

Read the start of Thes' post as her telling us it was Poop time and thought to myself that we were all getting a bit too familiar here.

Sharing that we're going for a coffee or dinner is one thing, but...

:lol:

• Like 3