Random Challenge: thread two

Read the start of Thes' post as her telling us it was Poop time and thought to myself that we were all getting a bit too familiar here.

Sharing that we're going for a coffee or dinner is one thing, but...

But sharing is caring!

• Like 7
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

Continue the trend of different colored text if you are being sarcastic :upside:

My opinions are many splendored pronouncements that should always be taken completely seriously.

I think a unicorn threw up on your reply :p
  • Like 11

Continue the trend of different colored text if you are being sarcastic :upside:

My opinions are many splendored pronouncements that should always be taken completely seriously.

I think a unicorn threw up on your reply :p

I hand built that reply using rainbows that unicorns pooped.  I wore hazmat gloves of course.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 9

I need a unicorn. I want to see if I can paint something white.

Meanwhile, baby's first orc is coming along. Wash is drying. Yay. Think I'm going to try yellowish highlights. But I'm not sure. Hmmerz.

• Like 7

Girot---nope, not a jerk that I can tell

JackMann--good luck, bud!

Ub3r--some of us have a job where we hafta, y'know, actually work.....

I like ice cream!

ThesHunter---cool detective story!

• Like 8

Read the start of Thes' post as her telling us it was Poop time and thought to myself that we were all getting a bit too familiar here.

So I shouldn't mention that the one of the only times I have a minute to read the forums is well... A time people used to use books before the internet.

• Like 5

So I shouldn't mention that the one of the only times I have a minute to read the forums is well... A time people used to use books before the internet.

As long as you don't use your interwebz device the way they used to use their reading material when they were done...
  • Like 8

I just need a moment to vent. The dog I got when I arrived had an issue my sister lied to me about when I asked about it. I asked her point blank if she knows if he handles cats well. She said he is fine with our cats. Never even chases them, just plays with them. I get out here and she mentions he did cause my brother-in-law's cat to run away as he does indeed chase them all over the house. Apparetnly she views it as playing when the dog chases the cat while the poor thing is pooled up growling and hissing. He meanwhile is barking and whining while he tramples everyone and thing in his path to get at the cat.

I am very annoyed as I would never have agreed to take on her dog if I had known that as I came out with my two cats and my mom's cat. Now all 3 hide in the basement and trying to bring my mom's 9 year old cat upstairs evokes terror in her even if the dog is crated. He is willing to accept my younger male cat and leave him mostly alone, but my female cat is the smaller one. He bares his teeth growling at her and lunges for her every chance he gets.

I am very worried he may have to be surrendered so he can find a home with no small animals. I have him mostly obeying commands, but his intense dislike of Houdini is to the point where he refuses to listen just in the attempt to get at her. He also knocks people over when he is after her or wants to respond to something else. My mom walks with a cane and this tendency could lead to her being knocked down and then it takes effort to get her back up since she can no longer stand up on her own.

((Sorry for the rant. I had to vent about it somewhere before I exploded after spending a month on trying to train him and bring him to  at least not lunge at the cats every time he sees or hears them.))

• Like 3

That sucks =( I think rehung the dog mijt be the best option. Can't be good for the kitties to have that constant stress

Its what we are thinking. Sadly since I just moved here I don't know anyone yet so all I can do is surrender the dog tot he shelter. Which annoys me to no end as I prefer to adopt not surrender. Sierra, mom's cat, is the one it is hardest on as she is the one terrified of the dog. I want a dog, but I think this one may be a bad fit for this particular household.

Honestly I am more angry that my sister lied to me so I would take on the dog. If I had known he chased cats I would have refused on the basis I have to think of the cats first as my mom's is 9. Houdini is 6 and Merlin is 1. 

• Like 2

I just need a moment to vent. The dog I got when I arrived had an issue my sister lied to me about when I asked about it. I asked her point blank if she knows if he handles cats well. She said he is fine with our cats. Never even chases them, just plays with them. I get out here and she mentions he did cause my brother-in-law's cat to run away as he does indeed chase them all over the house. Apparetnly she views it as playing when the dog chases the cat while the poor thing is pooled up growling and hissing. He meanwhile is barking and whining while he tramples everyone and thing in his path to get at the cat.

I am very annoyed as I would never have agreed to take on her dog if I had known that as I came out with my two cats and my mom's cat. Now all 3 hide in the basement and trying to bring my mom's 9 year old cat upstairs evokes terror in her even if the dog is crated. He is willing to accept my younger male cat and leave him mostly alone, but my female cat is the smaller one. He bares his teeth growling at her and lunges for her every chance he gets.

I am very worried he may have to be surrendered so he can find a home with no small animals. I have him mostly obeying commands, but his intense dislike of Houdini is to the point where he refuses to listen just in the attempt to get at her. He also knocks people over when he is after her or wants to respond to something else. My mom walks with a cane and this tendency could lead to her being knocked down and then it takes effort to get her back up since she can no longer stand up on her own.

((Sorry for the rant. I had to vent about it somewhere before I exploded after spending a month on trying to train him and bring him to  at least not lunge at the cats every time he sees or hears them.))

It's going to take a while for it to sink in but you can train the dog that is is lower on the totem pole than the cats. 

1. Make sure you have an extra person to wrangle cats if need be. 

2. Make the dog lay down.

3. Sit over the dog so they can't get up. Over the front shoulders and neck is good. You may have to hold on to their collar if they are squirmers. Don't put too much pressure as you don't want them to feel trapped, or hurt them. Jut need to know they are not allowed to get up.

4. Let the cats roam freely. If they try to attack the dog, they should be punished (spray bottle etc.)

5. As long as the dog struggles, they are not allowed to get up. If they give a good 30 seconds of resignation praise them etc. if they give a full minute, try letting them up.

6. If you let them up and they go after a cat, its back on the floor. Remove the cats. Wait until calm then let up. Be sure to praise for the calm.

7. Don't raise your voice if the dog struggles try to be as calm as possible. 

8 If it goes 15 minutes or longer, remove the cats and let the dog up. You may have to work on just the laying down part first. 

Eventually you should be able to get up while they stay and give them a command that is ok to get up shortly after. 

• Like 9