Random Challenge: thread two

that entire exchange between Sirithiliel and Buglips played out in my head with Peter Griffon and Brian, lmao.

.............which was me?  :ph34r:

Okay, based entirely on how the dialog sounded in my head, you were Peter and Bugs was Brian.  I kinda want to try and animate it now.

• Like 2
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cousin's cancer tests just came back in the clear! Second surgery to shrink the tumor in two weeks.

Sympathy like.   We've been having similar problems, with poop but not pee... And can't quite tell if it's protest over my working hours, or new cleanliness fussiness over the litter box. We might

My 15-1/2 year old son just landed his very first job, working for an International House of Pancakes restaurant as a dishwasher and busboy. His first shift was yesterday and his second is tomorrow. 

On a more random note and as a public service announcement for our compatriots in the UK:

"Woman finds eggs of 'world's deadliest spider' in bunch of Tesco bananas"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/woman-finds-eggs-of-worlds-deadliest-spider-in-bunch-of-tesco-bananas-9722725.html

Why...? Why would you do this to me...? I'M NEVER BUYING BANANAS AGAIN NEVER NEVER NEVER  :zombie:  :zombie:  :zombie:  :zombie:  :zombie:

Oh, hey WIZARD ARCHUS, how's it hangin'? By the way, I think your capslock is stuck.  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

A 4-door Ford Focus is close. It's like a middle form between hot hatch and estate. Assuming it doesn't try to murder you.

Anything Ford is going to try to murder you. This is because the Ford Motor Company got an F- in engineering. After our stupid mustang violently ejected the properly installed spark plugs (steel spark plugs in aluminum holes... well done Ford), causing $650 worth of damage to the stupid engine I decided that there was no way in the nine layers of hell or the abyss we were ever going to buy a Ford again. They can keep their shoddy engineering :angry:

Was that the same Mustang I said was one of the ugly ones?  ::P:    You ever watch Top Gear UK?  Jeremy Clarkson's trials with his Ford GT amused me quite a lot. 

From what I like in cars, I'm clearly a MOPAR man.  With some tendencies for GM - although since GM no longer uses the Pontiac badge then... well, I'm not sure it counts. 

But for my money these days, assuming practicality is not a concern (winter hardship), my top two choices would be the current generation Dodge Challenger or Camaro.  The modern Challenger looks good.  That's how you do a proper throwback.  I lust for it like nothing else.  I want it.  I will have it.

But first, I will need to procure a garage.  So nobody can see me make love to it.  Uh... I mean, to keep it out of the elements. 

Yes, it is the ugly Mustang. The colour is alright, but it would be better if it was forest green.

And yes, we watch Top Gear UK so much that we catch ourselves calling it the bonnet and boot ^_^ In fact, the first time I saw and lusted after the Fiat 500 was on Top Gear. I despaired or ever having one, but much to my pleasure they've been imported. I just don't think I'll be making love to mine :blink:

I have to agree with you on the Challenger. If I was going to pick a gas guzzling noise machine, that would be it. The Mustang is bleh, the Camaro has had it's virtue ruined by transformers, but the Challenger is still cool. Plus it has a HUGE back seat. For... things :devil:

I am anti-gizmo.  I would at least like to see a choice:  a car loaded with fancy gadgets for people who want it, and a more raw 'minimalist' car that doesn't have any gadgets.  A real driver's car, with nothing more advanced than ABS and a radio.  Something simple, hard to kill, that an owner can fix and maintain mostly themselves.

I too would like my new car without gizmos. My current car, the Kia, is a stripped down basic version with crank windows, manual locks, a radio and a CD player. The only thing it doesn't have that I wish it had is air conditioning, because I get grumpy in the heat. :grr:

And to close my Saga of Comcast Whining: we finally got a guy out who decided that they should come out and look at it when the problem was happening, at 6pm, instead of in the morning, when everything was fine. So lo' and behold, they do that and three other apartments are having their internet go out as well as ours. They've finally got a team working on the problem and I won't have to stay up and wait for techs to tell me my internet is fine.

• Like 8

Soooo. Skipping over pages and not really sleeping tonight. I decided I should use the bread machine tonight and surprise my mom with fresh hot bread when she awakes in the morning. She loves to eat it piping hot when it finishes baking and I only have to wait about 3.5 hours for it to finish cooking this will be fun...

• Like 3

On a more random note and as a public service announcement for our compatriots in the UK:

"Woman finds eggs of 'world's deadliest spider' in bunch of Tesco bananas"http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/woman-finds-eggs-of-worlds-deadliest-spider-in-bunch-of-tesco-bananas-9722725.html

Why...? Why would you do this to me...? I'M NEVER BUYING BANANAS AGAIN NEVER NEVER NEVER :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Just look for bananas without white patches on them and you'll be fine :)

Oh all sorts of interesting things hitchhike on bananas. :devil:

What I thought was interesting was the fact that the pest control team that Tesco sent out followed the same protocols that every party of murder hoboes in D&D or Warhammer 40K follows: "Purge with flame brother!"

Ah comcast. Are they the only provider over there? I'd switch if I where you... ;p

the problem in the states is that in most areas one company will have an effective monopoly so the majority of people have no one to switch too. And Comcast being the biggest company is often your only choice. Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 4

So last night the geriatric beagle broke down the barricade I'd set up at the top of the stairs and destroyed another five figures of the same force.  He went right past the expensive ones next to them and inflicted another 25% casualties on the Second Recapitated Platoon.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

• Like 3

Ah comcast. Are they the only provider over there? I'd switch if I where you... ;p

the problem in the states is that in most areas one company will have an effective monopoly so the majority of people have no one to switch too. And Comcast being the biggest company is often your only choice.

Pretty much this. The next highest mb/s internet package available would be 7mb/s, which, with 2 people playing an online game at the same time, wouldn't work. We're pretty much stuck with the *redacted*.

ETA: My notifications when I logged in: 777 ^_^

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 5

My betta is ignoring me, I did a water change earlier in the day. He is never not hungry. I'm worried. :(

I hesitate to ask, but: How old is he?

Two months since he was purchased from the store and who knows how long he stayed at the store. They have a two year life span from what I remember.