Sign in to follow this  
maxstyles

24 hour painting marathon anyone?

I think I first saw this idea over on the Hirst arts boards when some one else was saying they say it somewhere else....  Anyway the idea would be to paint for 24 hours straight just to see how much you can accomplish.  Yes you can take time out to eat, drink, use the bathroom, put another DVD in the player, and answer the phone.  I'm thinking it might be interesting to see how my work degrades after hours of painting straight and if it will affect my color choices.  How many miniatures could I finish in that time?

And we could all report back after its all done with pictures of our work....

I will need some time to plan around family and work so I'm thinking mid july for me.  anyone else interested?

• Like 4

I believe that I could paint either 10 miniatures or .25 miniatures. Depending on why I was painting them.

Sadly, I will not have a span of 24 free hours between now and...maybe August, likely September.

I do seem to recall something like this happening in the history of these forums, but I don't recall when, for sure. Someone with better search-fu (and an actual browser, not a phone) will have to fire up the wayback machine.

• Like 5

Man, I would have been all over this during my leave period.

Don't know how well it would play with my short attention span theater, though...

• Like 3

I would love to participate in this, but I'm not sure how long my eyes would hold out! Maybe if it was all easy, low-stress mooks like zombies and kobolds and stuff, I'd be able to. I guess I won't know until I try!  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Perhaps I will try, but I get very cranky with no sleep these days. So it would have to be timed so I can sleep the next day away if needed

• Like 3

I've run paint binge challenges over long weekends in the past, so I might be up for something like this depending on the timing.  Fourth of July holiday weekend might be a good time. 

• Like 4

I've run paint binge challenges over long weekends in the past, so I might be up for something like this depending on the timing. Fourth of July holiday weekend might be a good time.

Yes! Paint binge! Binge is the word I couldn't recall (for the purpose of finding threads related to this one).

• Like 6

Out of pure coincidence, I've got a "use it before the fiscal year end or lose it" day off tomorrow and I plan to attempt to paint at least eight hours. Haven't yet picked a mini but need to grab something that I can feel I made fair progress with in that time period.

• Like 4

I'm not a young buck any longer. Couldn't stay up that long. Maybe do 10-12 hrs painting before passing out.

• Like 8

I fall much into the same category as Ub3r. I could stay up the 24 hours.  But my eyes would cause my head to scream at me the next day or so even with my optivisor.

• Like 5

Maybe a 12 hour painting binge marathon instead? I could manage that. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

I'd never make it. I have only ever stayed up 24 hours in a row once in my life, and that was when I had a group of people to talk to. I just don't have an all-nighter physiology.

Also my painting skills would be inverse to what's needed. At first I could do detailed work, but after a few hours I would only be good for basic work, and later only washes and priming. And I'd probably make a lot of bad judgement calls.

Good luck to those of you who can handle the schedule.

• Like 4

I'm up for a 12 hour binge, for sure, depending on finding an available day. Yep rehearsal schedule is packed these days.

• Like 6

I have not done a full 24 in many years. Would give it a try in person, but I don't think I could hold myself to it solo. Would almost be a fun thing to do at Reapercon one year though.

• Like 6

Staying up 24 hours?  Sure no problem.  Happens all of the time.  Occupational hazard.

Painting 24 hours?  My eyes would kill me.  Or Awesome Wife would.  I've been..away for a while and my honey do list is long.  Plus work is busy, what free time I have needs to be spent with family.

Now gaming for 24 hours, that is doable.  Used to do it all of the time in my late teens/early twenties.  Probably still could if I could get a like minded group who all had the time together.

*starts humming Glory Days*

• Like 6