Awesome! I was trying to decide whether realistic fire or 8-bit cartoony fire was a better route, but I think you sold me on realistic.

I'd be really interested to see your take on the stone form.

Awesome! I was trying to decide whether realistic fire or 8-bit cartoony fire was a better route, but I think you sold me on realistic.

I'd be really interested to see your take on the stone form.

Funny you should say that- I strongly went the opposite route on my little flames (they're as far from realistic as I could go).

My wife did the stone form.  She sculpted rocks covering all of the flames, and after painting him covered him in moss.  I don't think she got any pictures, but I'll convince her to post him.

I love the way the dark details rise from the (equally impressive) lighter colors of the flames... reverses the usual way of things, like. Very cool.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glamberry
      Not sure I have posted any of my recent Minis anywhere ( if I did please excuse my forgetfulness). Recently I decided to work my way through one of my mini games. The infamous Super Dungeon Explore. I know a lot of people are not too fond of ninja devision due to various Kickstarters not being delivered ( I personally am in for Relic Knights: 2nd edition ) but I felt like I should paint them anyway. This is a big project for me since I'm a real slow poke and I would like to invite you along the (hopefully not too painful) way. Grab your rations and a duvet because you are in for a long one.

I dislike repeat paint jobs which exactly why I started with the unique models, procastinating on the stuff I like least the longest (what could possibly go wrong). I try to stick as closely as possible to the original colour schemes.
      First one up. A tree.

• By pcktlnt
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/rail-raiders-infinite

I skipped some of the other information. Stretch goal, game play, unlocks.

Chibis!

--- Edit ---
      Flipped the two posts as per Darsc's suggestion. :D
    • By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• By odinsgrandson
      A while ago, Sodapop Miniatures released the Deeproot Scout- a character I think we can all agree had some inspiration in Nintendo's favorite elf.
      Naturally, my favorite incarnation of the Hero of Time to base him on (Link to the Past) as seen here  The hair is red (even pink) because I was working from the pixel art rather than the art in the book.
      More recently, Sodapop released a resculpt of the character- so I decided that the best thing to do would be to level him up a bit.  So here is my Deeproot Scout painted up as Link with Blue Male, the reforged Master Sword, red shield and boomerang.

• By odinsgrandson
      Here are two minis that I really love.  I love how the Super Dungeon Explore setting has the princesses as the prophesied heroes that will eventually overcome the dark lord.  No waiting around to be rescued for them.
      Princess Emerald is really full of character.  I love the steampunk feel she has.  I chose a color scheme based on her namesake.  I'm planning on doing this with the other princesses as they come out.

This Princess Ruby is a re-sculpt.  To be fair, I was quite fond of the original sculpt for Princess Ruby, but I recognize that as the style of Super Dungeon Explore evolved, she was a little left behind (Ruby would be far shorter than her sister princesses at least).
      And I was quite happy to paint her up again.  As with Emerald, my color scheme was based on her namesake:

So we're waiting on the Super Dungeon Arcade box to come out so that I can have a go with Princess Amethyst next.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)