CAV: SO and Unit Color Schemes

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

As a kudo to all the guys that have stuck by the game, in whatever form you have or will play with, I would like to make a small gesture of appreciation.

If you have a "unit" that you made up for the game, no matter the faction, please post it along with their color scheme and any other pertinent info. I will include the unit into the game as part of their faction briefings, space permitting and that its not so off the wall, it just doesn't make sense. I will take submissions on this thread until June 21st, 2014.

PS By submitting your unit to this thread, you give RMP Reaper Miniatures Partnership and Talon Games in perpetuity, all rights to the submission with no compensation and that it may be used as we wish.

• Like 5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I owned my first game store, we would have huge CAV tournaments.  It was grand.  We also had a big CAV campaign that lasted quite a while.  Here are some pics of my army that I used for years, the Iron Vipers.  They were a mercenary force that usually contracted with the Adonese government.

The decal is from a battletech universe thing, I got almost all my decals ( and still do ) from Fighting Piranha Graphics.  A few are GW decals. That snake design would have to be changed to avoid any problems, possibly.  But anyway, here are a few pics.

Main paint scheme was a simple two-tone gray, using Reaper paints. I later added a nice reddish-maroon to it, and that is the new official scheme.

We'll see if this pic works.  I usually used Hughes-Marietta CAVs, with only a few exceptions.  I was quite Gladiator II heavy.  Plus a lot of Warlords.

Unfortunately, I sold most of my Iron Vipers when the rules switched over to the new second ed rules, and I lost 45 CAV players overnight. This is the force I'm going with for the new CAV:SO universe.  The Dire Wolves.  They are Reaper Slate with Reaper blue 'racing stripes.'  Here is a Knight in Dire Wolves Warmaster colors.  I have a custom wolf's head that I paid Fighting Piranha to design ( just a wolf head in profile, there's only a million of them but I have many sheets of decals with this one ).  My Tourney force was all blue.  Note the Heavy Gear yellow / black decals on the hull.

CAVOne010_zps7f1b2d95.jpg

• Like 2

I also won our 2003 Warmaster Tourney.  Since I won, I had the other 35 players at the Tourney that Saturday each roll a d10.  After we re-rolled the ties, we had a winner, who got to pick whatever CAV he wanted off of the wall.   Was fun.  CAV used to outsell 40K in my store, until the rules change.

CAVTwo001_zpsf4d7dbc0.jpg

• Like 3

Anyway, thank you for the good idea of including House and Merc forces in the new fluff for the new game.  We are very excited for it.  I have several of the old players foaming at the mouth to get back in.  When the new rules are launched, we'll support and carry the line.

I don't care which one you want to use, the Iron Vipers merc force, or the Dire Wolves, a House Adon force.  I will be playing the Dire Wolves.

I hope you guys enjoyed these pics, I did not know what exactly to post so I did this. :)

• Like 1

I was swamped as balls this past week(end) and with my KS ending Thursday night I will be kinda busy.  BUT!  I should still have time to get something in before the 21st.  Here is what I would like to attempt:

Katsumoto Shogunate - "Space Yakuza" who own smuggling, narcotics, prostitution, and illegal gambling in their territories.  They also have a division of sell-swords that do semi-honorable merc work.  i can provide much better fluff if needed.  They tend to favor black, dark blue, and white colors and a variety of kanji (most notably their clan name).

• One CAV
  • Two Tanks
  • a few Longbows
  • a few Infantry bases (random types)

Thought I doubt I'll make the deadline I am going to be doing up some digital urban camo schemes for a squadron of Starhakw VI and Thunderbird AND I'm going to use a variation of my personal Blood Angels scheme for a few Rach models as well.

Edited by Girot

Here is the 'Official' unit that I started. I left it as brief as I could.

The 43rd Terran Legion

“The White Knights†

The motto of the 43rd is “Semper Honestusâ€, or “Always Honorableâ€. 

The symbol of the Knight:

decal-Terra-43rdLegion-1_zps3c488ab1.png

Picture used without permission.

The Knights paint their machines white with black details.

43rdTerran_zps077b3da1.jpg

I hope the links work. I am having trouble with my internet.

• Like 5