CAV: SO and Unit Color Schemes

Here is the second one. It is a unit that I was using to fight with my 3rd Anubis Guards, which have changed, more on them later.

15th Malvernis Regiment

“Arctic Ravensâ€

The symbol of the 15th is a raven clutching a Malvernis crook on a light blue shield.  The Ravens have 4 Battalions with an added air wing. The 4 battalions are broken up into 2 of CAVs, 1 of Infantry, and 1 of Artillery.  The battalions are denoted by colors (Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue). The companies and platoons  use the old style dots instead of numbers. The attaqched Air wing, known as the “Black Hearts†do not use a color for their designation, but do use a black heart symbol.

The Ravens use purple (Nightshade Purple) as their base color and light blue (Surf Aqua) for details. In the field they will use what ever camo is needed. The Ravens have been trained to operate in arctic conditions.

15th2-1-1_zpsb698e6e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the third. I have been changing it around.  The 22nd Regiment "The Scorpions" is a regiment in the 3rd Anubis Guards (which is now more of a divisional unit). I am trying to get around to get a small document further detailing the unit.

Here is a picture of the unit, before I removed some Katanas to repaint and become the 43rd.
20140204_153301_zps826a83fd.jpg

I am sorry for the poor quailty of the pics. hey were taken on my phone and I am not a very photographer.

You may use any or none of them.

• Like 4

78th Legion

Nickname(s): The Liondragon Guard, The Duct Tape Brigade

Headquarters: Stillwater Oklahoma, United States, Earth, Sol

Commander: Prefect Jean Paul de Sens

Color scheme: Burgundy base with non metallic gold (Marigold) accents

Unit tactics: Since they scrounge most of their equipment, armor plating is usually in short supply. Mechanics usually opt to mount most of the plating on the front of the CAVs so that it provides maximum cover in a face to face fight. While this makes for a formidable frontal defense it leaves the units vulnerable to flanking attacks. Because of this trait, the 78th does best in either frontal assaults or static defense.

As a countermeasure the legion will often field their best CAVs and pilots of the flanks. These units make up for the lack of numbers with extreme speed and precision backed by years of battlefield experience.

History: One of the all volunteer legions. Veterans jokingly refer to them as the “Duct tape legion†as most of their CAVs and equipment are cobbled together from old parts. Despite their ragtag look, they are a highly successful unit, know for taking on much larger, better equipped forces.

Since they are all volunteer, they are not usually at full strength and have to pull in additional numbers from any available source.

Notable members

Name: Senior Centurion Nicholas Arelious

Callsign:                      â€œScorpionâ€

MOS: CAV Pilot/Century Commander

Prefered unit type: Recon

Name: Lieutenant Emily Clark

Callsign:                      â€œLittle Wolfâ€

MOS: Gunship Pilot

Prefered unit type: Gunship/Attack

Name: Centurion Ludeweicus von Liechtenstein

Callsign:                      â€œLudoâ€

MOS: CAV Pilot / Mechanic

Prefered unit type: Attack

Name: 1st Legionaire Melchior Sans-Avoir

Callsign:                      â€œZeroâ€

MOS: CAV WSO (to Centurion Ludeweicus von Liechtenstein)

Prefered unit type: Attack

Name: Centurion Link Hayes

Callsign:                      â€œBobâ€

MOS: CAV Pilot

Prefered unit type: Fire Support

Other notable traits: 78th members have strong attachments to their CAVs and other equipment. Vehicles will often display names rather than ID numbers. Paint schemes will often have personal interpretations of the liondragon. Senior members will often have personal identifiers painted on their CAVs.

Unit emblem
14447560386_7d730d1d68.jpg

Better liondragon
14284043969_896cb42c05.jpg
  • Like 3

I have never played CAV so I don't what the changes were between 1st and 2nd edition. Why did so many players quit? Could you all have decided to just stay with 1st edition rules?

Unfortunately, I sold most of my Iron Vipers when the rules switched over to the new second ed rules, and I lost 45 CAV players overnight. This is the force I'm going with for the new CAV:SO universe.  The Dire Wolves.  They are Reaper Slate with Reaper blue 'racing stripes.'  Here is a Knight in Dire Wolves Warmaster colors.  I have a custom wolf's head that I paid Fighting Piranha to design ( just a wolf head in profile, there's only a million of them but I have many sheets of decals with this one ).  My Tourney force was all blue.  Note the Heavy Gear yellow / black decals on the hull.

CAVOne010_zps7f1b2d95.jpg

CAVBOSS had said that it would run through June 21st. However, I'd go ahead and post it. If its too late for them to use it now, it will be here for them later. At the very least I'll read it and ohh and  ahh over it. 

• Like 1

DSModels:

Yes, most of the playerbase at the store........if not all..........were disappointed with the rules that came out.  A couple of them voiced their displeasure at the game rules being based on a fantasy skirmish game.  Most of them played two or three games, and they went back 'home', so to speak.  We had a Black Lightning officer run a demo of the new rules, but it just did not stick.  40K resumed being the best-selling line in the store at that time.

A couple of them voiced their displeasure at the game rules being based on a fantasy skirmish game. 

That's really unfortunate if they walked away because of the parent game engine.  It used a core mechanic of d10 +/- modifiers, plus special abilities, and it shared an activation system.  Otherwise it was a completely different animal than Warlord.

A couple of them voiced their displeasure at the game rules being based on a fantasy skirmish game. up.

That's really unfortunate if they walked away because of the parent game engine.  It used a core mechanic of d10 +/- modifiers, plus special abilities, and it shared an activation system.  Otherwise it was a completely different animal than Warlord.

yup.